Tuesday, November 11, 2008

amazing / not-so-amazing holiday finds

amazing: how chic (for cardboard, anyhow) is this advent calendar from Starbucks? i saw the display while picking up my morning beverage and was tempted to grab one for myself! advent calendars were big in my house growing up - and i'm talking the candy ones! i always felt sorry for the kids who had the decorative, reuseable advent calendars - sure they were pretty and festive... but i liked to open my little door every morning and enjoy a chocolate treat!


not-so-amazing:

i'm not a big baskin-robbins fan to begin with (i prefer tcby or, if i'm in austin, amy's) so maybe i'm biased from the beginning... but seriously? an icecream cake shaped like a turkey? that's freakin' disgusting. i think it might be time to shake-up the b-r think-tank, peeps.

4 comments:

  1. i absolutely LOVE advent calendars! we used to fight as kids over who got to open the next day, etc! such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that turkey ice cream cake looks disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candy advent calendars - we used to get one every year! I am planning on making one this year - but I am thinking I might make one with boxes so that it can hold candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, I am a bit biased since we had a Baskin Robins ice cream cake just 2 weeks ago for my FI's birthday. I got his made with World Class Chocolate. People declared it the best ice cream cake they'd ever eaten. Buuuut it also wasn't shaped like a turkey.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!