Sunday, November 9, 2008

new addition?

nope. not preggers. despite what my collection of prenatal vitamins might suggest. but we are seriously considering adopting a new little sister for The Boom. we've thought long and hard and have decided not to get another rat terrier. we love, love, love the breed - but we're afraid that we'd compare the newest little member of our family to her big sis (um, yeah, we love our dog that much).
(ummm how can you compete with this face?)

we thought about a bigger dog, but since our new plan is to rent a condo or smaller home for 2 years, i'd like to stick to a breed on the small/medium side. i'd almost given up hope of finding the perfect new puppy, and then i saw these little balls o' love on Erin Vey's blog and starting doing some research.

meet: the shiba inu!!! how freakin' cute are these guys? i'd never heard of the breed before, but the more i read, the more i love. they are clean, easily trainable, easily socialized, affectionate yet independent, and only need a good walking to keep them happy! they remind me of mini-huskies, but their fur is such that their body temperatures are maintained in both cold and hot climates (like uggs!).

we've also found what appears to be a great breeder in Dallas. so anyhoo, we got a bit excited and contacted Savage Shibas about this little cutie. now, we're just waiting to hear back. if all works out, we might have a new puppy by Christmas!

10 comments:

  1. ahhhh!!! yay!! I got John onto this breed train too, but I don't get one for like a year. I can't wait to meet your new baby!! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute. I want a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm I have spent way too much time watching these little guys on the live stream! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the puppy. Get him or her now! Boomie needs a friend! I can't wait to come visit your new little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dog is sooo cute! I've never heard of that breed before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. get out of town with this. i want, i want, i want, i want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that has gotta be the cutest thing Ive seen in ALONG time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I want to steal that puppy right now. Good luck :) I'm a firm believer that every pup needs another doggie friend around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dog is beautiful! I have heard of that breed. I had a friend that had one. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just realized that these are the dogs D wants. He lived with one named Toshio. We might have matching puppies in the future...

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!