Sunday, December 28, 2008

christmas recap, in pictures

we just got back from a whirlwind holiday weekend - 2 nights in waco with my family and 2 nights in katy with Evs' family. it was a wonderful Christmas - lots of love, laughs, food, and surprises! tonight i'm too tired for a novel, so i give you... a photo tour of our holiday!

with our ornaments that Mama J and Daddy Jim gave us for our new "married tree" next year

Dad - TMan - with his "gift certificate" for the custom All Star Chuck Taylors i ordered for him that did not arrive in time for Christmas morning.

The Boom, in her Christmas finery

my gorgeous mommy with her new wallet

Evs with his new tie from my parents... the boy loves ties

Dad with his new blue fleece

me with my "Green Energy De-Germifier" for my office ... from my little germaphobe fiance

Evs with one of his gifts from me (he also got a cotton cashmere sweater from J. Crew and a Blu-Ray DVD player that synchs with our Netflix account)

my adorable grandparentals

totally excited about my new boots - they are soooo pretty!

completely surprised by Evs' gift... remember that one. perfect. glorious. piece of dove-grey, buttery-leather art on my Fake Christmas List? well someone decided to go above-and-beyond while on Elf Duty this year! he is now firmly planted on my Nice List, perpetually! notice the flush of happiness on my face that can only be brought on by the smell of true craftmanship.

my grandmother's beautiful holiday table top
us (and my uncle Nelson) before going to see Marley & Me on Christmas Night. we were going to take a "Christmas Tree Photo" after the movie, but i cried so hard that my face looked like a bloated, deformed balloon. seriously, a great movie, but i couldn't handle it. i thought i was going to have to leave the theater - it was semi-pathetic.

one of the many tug-of-war games played amongst the menagerie of dogs at the Hall Household (there were 4!)

my camera ran out of batteries soon after taking this photo of Boom and Teddy, but we had a wonderful time with Evs' parents and sister. their beautiful new home in Katy has an amazing theater room so on this trip, Evs decided that i needed to be introduced to the Lord of the Rings (never seen any of the movies) - we only got through the first movie, but i really enjoyed it and am looking forward to my next visit so i can finish the trilogy on the big screen! we also tried out a great Thai restaurant in Katy and enjoyed a big jog in the rain. i am so blessed to have such great in-laws-to-be!

anyhoo, i hope you and yours had a very, very merry Christmas - warm wishes from Santa Boom as well!

5 comments:

  1. your Christmas looks like a blast!! Are those Bucilla stockings?? (Those do-em-yourself with felt and sequins?) I am making one of their wreaths! I think your dog is a jack russel, my family have one! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your boots! I've been wanting to venture to shepler's to get some for me but lack of dinero is keeping me from doing that. It looks like you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your purse! I got a really really good present from the hubby this year, so I know how it feels. It's fun when they pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I love your stocking

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Santa Boom--precious!!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!