Wednesday, January 7, 2009

great ww find

for those of you rocking the weight watchers program, i have a great new find for you! i went out on a limb at the grocery store on sunday and purchased Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Soyburgers... i am not a "soyburger" or "tofu burger" or "portabella burger" gal, people - i love good old American red meat! but these are actually delicious! they don't really taste like a burger - more like a patty of spicy black bean yumminess (um, yeah, obvi, as that's what they are). AND (best part) they are only 2 ww points each! ridiculous!

i covered mine with some red pepper hummus (entire dinner = 4 points!!!) and just ate it with a fork but the Morning Star website has some great recipes that look pretty good!

now the big question: has anyone tried any of their other products? southwestern style veggie cakes? chick'n strips? i'm wary... but intrigued...

also, Kelly over at And Your Little Dog Too just posted a totally tasty looking recipe - puts my bean burgers to shame - check it out!

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i posted a whole diatribe about these. love them. the chik'n nuggets are delicious - i couldn't tell they weren't chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmm LOVE these!!! great idea with the hummus, i've never tried that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like mushrooms the veggie burgers are REALLY good. I slap a little swiss cheese on mine and I'm in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes! i love these. i don't eat them now that i'm pregnant, but in my WW days i loved them. the corn dogs are really good, too, if you like corn dogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love morning star! I've had the "chick'n nuggets", "corn dogs", "sundried tomato chickn pattie", and the broccoli bites. All winners. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with the others -- the whole line is pretty fab! oh, and the corndogs are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those burgers. Did you use a bun or just eat it with the hummus only?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've actualy been a vegetarian for more than 25 years, and discovered the Morning Star products several years ago.

    The Chickn Strips are super easy to cook - a little spray in a nonstick pan, and add them to your veggie stirfry with a 1/2 c of rice and a bit of soy sauce (or hot sauce if you want to live on the edge).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been let down by any of the Morning Star products

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love morning star! love the corn dogs and chicken nuggets but one thing i always take when camping (real meat on the road scares me) is their breakfast patties. they are really good and i too am a huge fan of the real versions but was vegetarian for several years and lived off their products. then thought, if i am eating something that is veggie but tastes like the real thing what kind of crazy world do i live in.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a vegetarian so my taste for chicken is obvi a little off, but I totally love the chik'n strips (and really, all things Morningstar Farms). I'll grill them up in the frying pan, and then add a little (ok, a lot of) BBQ sauce in a Tupperware. I'll shred the chik and make myself a BBQ chik'n sandwich. We've done a BBQ Chik'n pizza too, and the carniverous fiance loved it. I say give 'em a shot!

    Also, if you at ALL like corn dogs, I say give theirs a shot. Totally delish. My parents and fiance have all switched to their b'fast sausage patties too, and love them. I use them as a sub for sausage in all recipes.

    Hope all is well!
    xoxo,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!