Wednesday, January 21, 2009

inauguration time capsule

on Tuesday, January 20, 2009, Barack Obama became America's 44th President.

and i...
  • woke up to a funny phone call from Evs - he wondered if The Boom would bark if she met Obama in person (yes, we have a racist dog, despite her progressive upbringing) and we agreed that she probably would and that that would be terribly embarrassing and that we need to work on her issues with racial diversity so that we may all visit the White House.
  • wore my favorite black BR suit pants, a red cable knit sweater from Ann Taylor Loft, a lace cami, black TB flats, long gold medallion necklace with short gold coin necklace, my engagement ring, my sapphire ring, my hair in a pony tail with a gold headband.
  • heard 2 Britney Spears songs (Toxic, Circus) and Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing on the radio on the way to work.
  • ate a whole wheat bagel with 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese for breakfast - with a 16 oz. coffee.
  • was super sore from the first day of Camp Gladiator Bootcamp yesterday.
  • ate a lean cuisine pizza and 4 starbursts for lunch.
  • discussed kids in elementary school that were freakishly tall or big or had early facial hair.
  • did some actual legal work, kinda.
  • drank 3 Crystal Lite Focus drinks... wished they were the Energy ones... where did the liquid crack go, Tom Thumb?
  • picked out my outfit for tomorrow and packed my bag for boot camp.
  • watched the Biggest Loser, the City, and Damages.
  • at a couple of cheese cubes and 2 black bean patties for dinner.
  • researched slide show options for the rehearsal dinner.
  • had a popsicle.
  • read a couple of chapters of Dead Until Dawn - book #1 in the Sookie Stackhouse Series and went to bed!
what did you do today, as history was being made?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day!! And your outfit sounds really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lis - your outfit sounds fab!

    I suffered from inaugurationitis yesterday :( (I was really feeling unwell so I didn't do too much)!

    Saskia x

    PS Seeing elephants in the wild in Africa is so amazing, we went to South Africa, and went on safari in Shamwari reserve (near Port Elizabeth) which I can highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS I've left you a little something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit sounds so cute. Can you please dress me??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry your dog isn't the only racist animal. My little friendly pup is racist. I don't know what his deal is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Camp Gladiator Bootcamp" - what kind of sick bars are you frequenting???

    I keeed, I keeed - that sounds like the sort of gym adventure that would give one Mrs. Obama-like arms. Which is my new goal in life, BTW.

    PS - Yes, in answer to your question a few days back, seeing "Revolutionary Road" will almost certainly make you want to elope & move immediately to southern Spain. Proceed with caution - and your C. Loub's, of course.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!