Tuesday, January 20, 2009

proud

i had a much longer post planned in my head last night, a much sassier post... but sass isn't fitting in with my mood this morning... my cynicism regarding the political climate of the last 8 years doesn't seem important and has no place in my heart at this moment.

so without any facades of sarcasm, joking, or wit... at this particular moment... my heart is...

doing a batshit crazy, whirling dervish, in-your-face, geeky-white-girl-arms-a-flailin' happy dance.



i am proud: proud of this country coming together to elect a man that so many trust to help fix our great nation; proud of the election process and those who got involved in it for the first time; proud of those candidates who were so gracious in their defeat; proud of our country and its social progression.

and in a year in which my personal life is about to take a drastic change, i wait for all change with baited breath, and accept it with open arms.

may the hopeful spirit in this great country make its way into your heart today, whichever way your politics fall, and may that spirit carry us to the change we so need - not by chance, but by hard work, belief, and perseverance.

5 comments:

  1. my heart is doing that same dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my heart is doing the same dance too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel the same way! i am too overcome by elation and pride that 8 years of bad policies cannot bring me down. nor can they be the topic of the day. the topic is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!