Friday, January 9, 2009

un sueno

if i could live in anyone's world, it might just be Oscar de la Renta's - every time i walk by his shop window, i have a moment. its like the heady rush of first love - the part before he broke your heart; champagne bubbles tickling your nose; that first frothy taste of meringue before the tongue tastes tart lemon...

you can say its the tug of materialism, or my flair for the dramatic - and it could be. but i think its more than that: who wouldn't want to be swathed in beautiful things from time to time, especially when the rest of the world seems to have flipped topsy-turvy on us. staring at these gowns through a pane of glass is like staring into a lovely daydream - made almost sweeter with the knowledge that i can't live in a daydream, but can always visit:

6 comments:

  1. I adore his use of strong color is large amounts. I am not a huge fan of prints, but I do love bright colors. His collections are always spot on for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely know what you mean about the spell cast by certain stores . . . in addition to Mr. de la Renta, I get that way around Ralph Lauren and Carolina Hererra. Sigh.

    Love those pics, too - that yellow dress & the electric blue are particularly stunning.

    PS - So relieved you got the "Judgy" reference - phew! Yes, yes, great minds alike and all that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you girl! His taste and style and design is unmatched! i would wear everyone of those dresses in an instant!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started reading your blog and love it!
    I got married in August and when I was trying on wedding dresses I tried on a few of his (including the one that is floral on the skirt that you posted) and I loved them! He is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the gorgeous pics. Number 9 from the top is my dream wedding dress I have decided.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!