Friday, February 13, 2009

me day

i will be the first to admit it: i'm a birthday-whore.

i love my birthday. chalk it up to my only-child-ness or my general love of the spotlight, but that's just the way my cookie crumbles. someone once told me that "there is an age at which you should stop expecting people to make a big deal out of your birthday... and that age is 12." so yeah, i'm not friends with that person anymore.

btw: i also love your birthday. and Boomer's birthday. and Bill Cosby's birthday.

yep. birthday-whore.

but for some reason, this year, i haven't been all gung-ho about the birthday. don't know if its because i'm all distracted by wedding planning, or if its the lame "getting closer to 30" thing, or a little of both, but i did not wake up today with my usual vigor for February 13th.

but... turns out - you can't overcome the birthday-whoreness! i've had the best day! i am constantly reminded that i have the greatest friends and family in the world and have felt perpetually spoiled all day...

gorgeous b-day flowers from Evs

fan-tab-u-lous necklace {from RJB} and purse hook {from HDH}


so thank you fabulous family and friends (real-life and bloggy!) for your kind wishes, cards and gifties - they truly have healed my birthday blues (and transformed me back into your favorite obnoxious IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! gal)!

happy weekend lovelies!

17 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm glad you are finally in the celebrating mood!!! Have a fabulous one!!! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!!!

    I usually celebrate birthday MONTH myself... :)

    And friends and family and now Jason all know that I will be a birthday whore for the entire 30 days. And possibly more...

    Enjoy the rest of birthday month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great birthday and Valentine's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is my mom's birthday, too! February 13th is a wonderful day for a birthday! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!! I hope you continue to have the best day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!!

    (I love birthdays too, so you're definitely not alone in that!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great weekend! How fun that it's right next to V-day. Hope you get lots of goodies! And the flowers are beautiful! Way to go Evs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I hope you had a great birthday! I totally understand your love of birthdays... AK's birthday is in about a month and a half and he's already reminding me of it (as if I would forget when his birthday is!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Late Birthday!
    And oh gosh, I just noticed those vampire cards on the post after this... COOLEST THING EVER!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!