Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ditto, ME!

so, back in ye ol' college days, we Wake Chi O's (yes, my sorostitute side is showing) had a "secret language" of sorts - you know, to go along with our handshake and dead owls and coffins and all that jazz.

anyhoo, whenever you agreed with something someone said, you'd say "Ditto ______" (fill in the blank with your last name). semi-lame, maybe, but its carried over into my adult life and i ain't giving it up!

so today, i say a big DITTO ME to Mojito Maven's "I don't get the Lilly Thing" post today - thumbs up, friend! not to be a hater, but, um, i think i might be. i have seen some newer (non-printed) dresses recently that i enjoy somewhat, but my shopping money goes straight to J. Crew, Banana, Saks, and Anthro.

apologies in advance, but me and baby monkey prints just don't jive.

11 comments:

  1. who's creating a button? MM should get on that and i'd proudly display it.

    just not a fan at all. look at all of the lilly haters coming out of the woodwork now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously we need to all band together and come out in full force...the Lilly craziness has got to stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reason #45948948 why I heart both of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you clearly know where i stand on this...i would get the monkeys and sea horses beat out of me if i wore lilly while running errands in the city--at least in the neighborhood i live in, not so much on the ues...but i digress. lilly's great if that is your cup of tea, and it certainly was mine back in college for horse races and beach weekends, etc. but nobody, and i mean nobody, would ever take me seriously if i was to show up in lilly pulitzer attire at my job. lilly may be a lifestyle, but those who think its the center of the universe should open their eyes and realize its an overpriced fashion label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only one who didn't like Lilly. Its a little too "loud" for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. double-ditto, je pense. 'Cept I do love the one solid shift dress with the white trim.

    I've been drinking my own haterade about another retailer that is well-known and well-loved...that may come out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Lilly is intended for yanks, we are southern people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to that, I don't get the Lilly craze myself... never have and never will.

    ReplyDelete
  9. god i hate lilly. it looks like something a little girl should wear, not an adult.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!