Friday, April 10, 2009

random thoughts on my half-day

** so, this makes twice this week that my cookies have been toasted by Miss Miley Cyrus... yesterday my Glamour arrived... with her tween mug plastered all over it... ummm i do not pay for Seventeen or YM Magazine (do they even have YM anymore? that was my shit back in the day!).

can i get someone who can legally order a glass of wine on my fashion mag, por favor? i mean, this is almost as bad as Blake Lively on the cover of Vogue (not that i don't love me the entire cast of GG, but its VOGUE, people!).


** i reeeeeally want to go see Sunshine Cleaning tonight! has anyone else seen it? getting Evs to see any movie at the theater can be tricky business, but i'm hoping "the super funny bitchy British chick from that movie with Meryl Streep where she's really mean" (aka Emily Blunt) + wine/beer during the Angelika cinematic experience will convince him to partake... puh-leeeeease, Evs?


** so we have a "half-day" for Good Friday... which means the staff departs at 1 and (in theory) the attorneys should as well. however, knowing that i will be mentally stoned by my superiors if i actually (gasp!) tak advantage of this half-day, i almost wish it was just a freakin' regular ol' day. because now i'm going to be all pissy when 1 rolls around and i know i technically can leave but, in Lawyer Reality World, i cannot. GAH.

Happy Friday Fabulous People!

16 comments:

  1. I am about miley'd out.

    Come on Glamour.. she's not even a tiny bit fashionable!! Look at her hair!

    I'm done now but geez.. that kid irks me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i jumped back from my glamour when i turned it over and saw her on the cover.

    entertaining miley tidbit: http://movies.nytimes.com/2009/04/10/movies/10hann.html?ref=movies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved YM back in the day too. My little sister has a sub to Seventeen...Makes me feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts exactly on Miley being on the cover of Glamour! No offense to her, but I so do not care to read about what a 16 year-old celeb has to say right now... She did come across as semi-likable in the piece, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunshine Cleaning is great! funny and touching! my fiance liked it even though there were no car chases or explosions.

    I will echo everyone else about Miley on my Glamour -- can't legally drink? head for Seventeen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i completely agree with your take on miley's face on the cover of glamour. i also think that blake isn't "vogue" enough for vogue. to me, you get the cover of vogue when you've moved up to A-list and i still think of her as B-list. i'm a fuddy duddy.

    todd gets a half day today (i get nothing), but he never takes advantage of random one-day holidays because none of the other attorneys do. whatever! i wanted a fun day of car shopping and walking the dogs with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is an attorney too and he just emailed me to say he'd be home early...around 6:00. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah!! Laughing at your legal comment.

    And yesss! I wanna see that movie too. Totally forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suddenly I have an urge to track down an old issue of YM and do the "Does He Want to Kiss You" quiz as well as the "What Type of Books Should You Read" quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I haven't thought of YM in ages....I used to love that magazine. My mother hated it and said middle school girls shouldn't be reading that kind of thing.

    If you see the movie, let us know how it is. I really want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh! I completely agree, I'm completely uninterested in whatever she has to say...maybe she'll be on the cover of Redbook next...LOL (since she's SO mature)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm reading your blog while still at my desk to avoid being stoned... :) i hate lawyer reality world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blog stalker, here. Hope you don't mind. You can blog stalk me at http://sunbug.weebly.com/index.html if you want.

    Sunshine Cleaning was pretty darn good. I wasn't expecting it to have as many emotional scenes as it did. But definitely good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I had totally forgot about YM! It must have gone under. Too bad for the tweens & Miley. She could have doen that instead of Glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the american Airlines magazine i was reading on my flight yesterday had a feature article on Miley and Billy Ray..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went to buy Glamour at the airport as part of my ritual travel trashy mag purchasing, and nearly hurled on the magazine counter at the sight of this cover. Exactly the same thought - keep the tweeny types over on Teen Vogue, please.

    Was it YM who had the embarrassing story feature each month? I fondly remember flipping to that section each month, when I wasn't otherwise wishing for Christian Slater to appear & whisk me away.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!