Wednesday, May 13, 2009

gigantor fail

last night, i poisoned my family.

yeah, you heard (read) me correctly.

and no, Evs did not commit some mortal marriage sin (although proposing a channel-switch during the Biggest Loser finale would have come thisclose to towing that line had we had not been switching to RHNYC Reunion).

a bad pot roast appears to be the culprit.

purchased on Sunday evening, promptly refrigerated, and cooked per usual in the crock pot for 8 hours on low... the thing tasted delicious! so delicious that i couldn't wait until Evs got home to eat... so i had a plate, then we took a big walk, then he had a plate, and then the Boom ate the juices poured over her food.

it started with a very rumbly tummy on my part, but i chalked it up to a power walk so soon after eating. then the Boom started moving from "my" couch to "Evs'" couch every 5 minutes with a very sheepish-puppy look on her face... come to realize she was doggie dutch-ovening herself (which was adorable and hysterical and stinky all at once).

then it hit with a vengeance.

no need for details but this is not what i had in mind when i said i had some things marinating yesterday. this is whole different kind of funk.

so thanks Whole Foods for the yummy rancid meat. oh, and the stomach is definitely too weak for coffee this morning so you've earned two spots on my shit-list today. me and my smug canvas tote are Central Market-ers from now on.

lesson learned? take-out! at least when the fam falls ill from bad pad see ew, all blame lies squarely on the 5'1'' shoulders of the Mango's man.

16 comments:

  1. OH NO!!! My gosh, I hope you feel better ASAP. I've been battling a lovely funk as well. Which I am currently blaming on fancy butcher shop BBQ from the other day. Hm, are the cows out to get us?

    Hope you feel better--so sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call the store!!For sure, you will at least get a refund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminds me of that episode in sex and the city when harry and charlotte get food poisoning and are laying on the bathroom floor together...did you guys do this? i hope you feel better...love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's awful! I hope you feel better soon! I'd be pissed too if I couldn't have my coffee in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck! I hope you both are feeling better!! I can't believe that the roast would have gone bad that quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm hoping for a speedy (and as painless as can be) recovery for all 3 of you. Another great reason to tell my husband when he asks why we're eating out again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's horrible! I hope you feel better now. I cracked up reading about your sweet little dog, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's terrible!! So much for Whole Foods being HEALTHY for you! I think that would be enough to turn me off to pot roast in general. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh shit friend! i'm so sorry!!! i would call them and demand a refund plus free gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I told you cooking is evil.

    I feel ya man, my tummy is like food poisoning central.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no!! (and the episode that milltini is referring to is the episode that convinced FI that we would be getting 2 bathrooms in our next home...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the worst part about bad meat is that you usually dont know until afterward.

    sorry to hear about it. better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ditto on the SATC episode and ditto on the two bathrooms! my thoughts exactly, ladies.

    hope you three are feeling healthy again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope you feel better! i give us food poisoning about once every 6 months. it's why i try to stay as far from the kitchen as possible. unfortunately, when i do it, it's my fault. not the meats... fail.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!