Tuesday, May 19, 2009

pillow-palooza

hello, my name is K and i'm addicted to Etsy.

and is that so bad? i mean, does it get any better than a virtual marketplace, accessible with the click of a button, filled with wares created by amateur and professional artists from around the globe?

nope, didn't think so.

my latest obsession seems to be pillows - funky throw-pillows seem to me to be the most economical way to liven up a dull space... like cushy fluffs of art!

considering my Etsy Infatuation, it shouldn't come as any suprise that i'm scratching this pillow itch quite nicely with homemade finds...

check out seller Alexandra Ferguson... how ridiculously fabulous are these felt pillows?


best part? each pillow is made from approximately 4 recycled plastic water bottles.
{yep, another Smugly & Fashionably Green Moment brought to you by the folks here at E.A.}

and how about LindyLou's punchy covers?
at only $10 to $22 a pop, rotate these suckers to fit your mood!

15 comments:

  1. those pillows are fab. i must go shopping now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white tree looking pillows. Now I need those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have a hankering for a set of punctuation pillows. Ampersand, @, comma, exclamation, circumflex...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe they are so cheap! Great post! I'm heading over there right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. So divine. And so affordable! As they are small, diverse, and wallet friendly, you are absolutely justified in purchasing each and every one to mix and match throughout your new abode. I am partial to the warm colorful patterns, but honestly, I think you should just do your patriotic duty and not only stimulate your living room, but the economy as well. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are SO cute! I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, would that I weren't on a bit of a shopping ban at the moment. Those tan & chocolate brown with white accent ones would be perfect in my living room. Boo economy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those pillows Thanks for the great links! For some reason I always forget about esty. Bad move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your recommedations. Will have to jump over and check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for posting all of those beautiful pillows! ialways forget about Etsy and never thought i could love throw pillows sooo much! looks like i'll be doing a little shopping at work today.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah the awesomeness that is etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving those pillows!!!!

    the mr and i are moving in 2 weeks and that means REDECORATING TIME! WAHOO!

    going to be checking out those sites!

    by the way...just found your blog...super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, I love bright throw pillows. They can really make a room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i LOVE the ampersand! and i love ampersands in general. (not sure how i feel about trying to type the word ampersand.) did i spell it correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love! I never have the patience to find new etsy stores so I'm always appreciate when other people post them. I may have to pick up some pillows!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!