Wednesday, July 1, 2009

antics

since work can be an ass whip, fo shizzle, sometimes its those little fun games we play that get us through the day.

no, i'm not talking about Turkey Flibriks (although you should try it - my entire team spent hours playing this around the holidays when things were painfully slow - best.game.ever.). i'm talking about those little tricks you pull just to say damn the man, or, if you're feeling Shakespearean, i bite my thumb at thee.

sometimes its sporting your J.Crew ruffle tee under your suit jacket and pretending not to notice that your are rocking loungewear to work (genius Millitini, sheer genius). othertimes its this little gem.

but today - oh today! - its is: Will My Director Say Something About My Ridiculously Oversized Rosette Headband Or Will He Continue To Stare At It Uncomfortably?


i am totally stoked to see how this one plays out.

19 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the t-shirt and headband games! My game has become I'M GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEK, SO NO, I WILL NOT TAKE ON NEW PROJECTS. Regardless of the fact that I have 5 more work days. Pish posh, I have honeymoon plans to drool over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your antics!! I also push the boundary of "office smart" by a mile of any of my other colleagues... why conform when big male bosses are far too scared ever to say anything about your fashion sense?!

    Keep rocking the hair accessories!

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love it. I wish I could play that game at my office...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up...I'm fairly certain I mastered this trick when I sported my jcrew lime, er...make that neon, green sweater a few days ago. I know people were biting their tounge not to say how "loud" it was ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha. Covert rebellions are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! sometimes I'll wear something weird or flashy to school just to get a reaction from my kids and to make them pay attention...it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work. You're inspiring me to give the headbands with serious flair a go.

    I play a version of this, laboring away in the small town that I do. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fantastic-- I love it! We have the most relaxed dress code ever (no customer interaction in office) but I find other fun games to play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have no idea what that turkey game is but i am about to find out. love the clip. i can't wait to see how it plays out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. reporting back about the turkey game. yeah, so going to lose my job today b/c of it. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are hilarious! I cannot WAIT to hear how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious - sticking it to the man with fashion! The headband is fabulous too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine was I'm wearing a TEE SHIRT because I'm pregnant and maternity clothes are ugly - are you going to mess with the pregnant lady for doing so? LOL!

    I think that headband is rather cute.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!