Monday, August 24, 2009

back to school, back to school

today in Dallas, thousands of little rugrats had their lunches packed up, their shoes tied tight, hoping they wouldn't get in a fight! okay, apologies, Billy Madison Moment: over.

save for my 9 mo. stint of waitressing and bartending at Texas Land & Cattle Co. immediately prior to law school ("would you like to Texas-size that? smile, wink), this is my second "Back to School" day where i am not, in fact, headed back to school. but that doesn't mean i can't agonize over my BtS Outfit, right?

right!

so here she is...

Cotton Corsage Cardigan in Champagne - J. Crew
Cami - Target
black pleated suit skirt - Banana Republic
Single-wrap Skinny Belt (in metallic blush - sold out color) - J. Crew
Skinny Leather Headband (in metallic blush) - J. Crew
Gold Franc Necklace - wedding gift from my Daddy (good story for another post!)
Gold Flower Cocktail Ring - J. Crew
Black Patent / Camel Leather Pumps - C. Lou (wedding gift)


in keeping with our School Days Theme - here's a little blast-from-the-past S.A.T. prep question for you...

Summer :: Tissue V-Neck Ruffle Tee as Fall :: _________________.

if you answered Cotton Corsage Cardigan, you are on your way to the Ivy Leagues of Fall Shopping. i am flipping over this cardigan - perfect weight for when there's a slight nip in the air (or the A/C is on full blast in your office); fabulous length; a nice hint of stretch; and the deep v-neck is ideal for layering over shells with neck detail (ahem, ahem).

and for $50, its a steal (well, in J. Crew Land, at least) - which is why it shall be mine in black as well!

23 comments:

  1. Love! I start my internship next week and I'm trying to figure out what to wear. This is great inspiration! Love the ruffles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! The corsage cardigan is fantastic. I have the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love EVERYTHING about this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the thin head band too. Really great accesory to own! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those shoes! I have been looking for the perfect pair of nudes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it all! i especially love those loubs ... i had my eye on those last fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! I have the JCrew tissue tees for summer, so I think I *must* grab this adorable cardigan as well!! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. um hello. look at you in your loubs you bitch! I'm so jealous. I have a solid black pair that I plan to dip in gold like weirdos do to baby shoes. Yours are TO DIE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps your fancy shoes earned you an award! Stop by and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! I love all your outfit posts because they give me ideas of things to wear :) I love your c.lous. I'm incredibly jealous and would do anything for just one pair. Dang Evs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I AM DROOLING OVER YOUR SHOES!!! DROOLING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh. So jealous of this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen to that! I just bought that cardi in navy a few weeks ago and have been DYING for the temps to cool off so I can actually wear it. I just got the J.Crew September catalog as well... I'm so sorry my dear credit card, I'm going to have to use and abuse you I fear! So much cute stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, that is really reasonable for j crew! i may need a few.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, yet another reason why i need an iPhone. pretty pictures.

    then again, i am wearing yoga pants and a pink t shirt to work so maybe not.

    The shoes are HOTTTTTTTTTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. No idea if you've already seen this, but your inspiration board from SMP is featured on ritzy bee today.

    Promise I'm not a stalker...I looked at their post today and was like "I feel like I've seen that before."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh! I am in love with your shoes! I still can't believe you baked cupcakes wearing them, then again, I'd probably do the same if I had a pair =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The most beautiful shoes I have seen in quite a while!!!! I love the outfit! I need to pick up that cardi before they are byebye! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still angry Neiman's was unable to locate those shoes for moi.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous outfit!! and those shoes are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love! Your style is so feminine and fresh, it's just perfection. Fierce shoes don't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!