Monday, August 10, 2009

repeat offender

i used to be (somewhat of) a dancer. my high school days began with a 6 am wake-up call and 2.5 hours of rehearsal before class began. the window of opportunity for looking presentable for the rest of my day involved about 15 minutes of frantic blowdrying and "oh holy hell, i forgot my underwear again" moments. ever the
crazy OCD girl
brilliant teenage problem solver, i kept a notebook of which outfits i wore to school on which days so that the opportunity of repeating an outfit too soon (oh the shame!) was minimized.

yeah, well, as Mr. Dylan warned us, times: they do (and are) a-change(in'). while Teen Kate's biggest morning challenge involved remembering which leotard she was supposed to wear (Monday = black, Tuesday = blue, Wednesday = pink, Thursday = red, Friday = free day... do not ask me why or how i remember that but cannot for the life of me memorize my driver's license number), Adult Kate has a few more items on her plate (which explains why Teen Kate's hair was so much cuter, that bitch).

so sometimes Adult Kate re-outfits. especially when Adult Kate purchases a new top from Anthropologie that she wants to wear every freakin' waking moment and thus ingeniously fashions an outfit involving said top that happens to be work appropriate. and extra-especially when Adult Kate gets so excited about said work-appropriate-new-Anthro-top-outfit that she stupidly sports it for the first time whilst doing document review off-site and absolutely no one else is around to appreciate it.

yeah. i think you probably know where this is headed. i give you my Work Appropriate New Anthro Top Outfit that i am wearing for the second time in 5 days.

my 16 year old self would be soooooo unimpressed. although, that brat might want to steal my shoes.
Organized Chaos Tank - Anthropologie
Rosette cardigan - J. Crew
Pencil Skirt - Michael by Michael Kors (purchased at Nordstrom)
Serengeti Juliet Pumps - J. Crew
Bamboo hoops - Banana Republic

23 comments:

  1. Too funny... Trevor and I had an extended discussion about this very top at Anthro several weeks ago. I pointed it out as a top I would LOVE to wear if I was not well-endowed, because it would create an unfortunate trapeze-like effect. HOWEVER, seeing you in this top, perhaps I should have tried it on - it looks great on you!! (Although just as well I did not, as obvs we cannot have the same top for our nights out!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. repeat offender or not... that outfit is damn cute. love it. you make me want to go back to work... almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole outfit is fabulous, but I especially have cardigan envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are way too cute! you just made my monday morning with your blog posts - a little hectic last week so just catching up now but so worth the wait. and do not even get me started on 16 Candles...love, love, love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove it! You have such great style. Um, dress me please. I wear boring clothes to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha love that you still remember the leotard line-up! sure am glad i don't have to wear those first thing in the morning anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear to you that I used to do the EXACT same thing throughout high school - I kepd record of each & every ensemble through all four years in our daily planner - ha!

    Now, I totally agree; as soon as I get a new fab piece of clothing I must wear it over & over. Usually I can control myself & wear something once during the work week & again on the weekend, then I must hold myself back as to not repeat that next ceew - crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your post but I really love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too had the fifteen minute prep time alloted by the drill team coach... usually just makes me wonder if I smelled all day and nobody ever told me?

    Oh, and my least favorite outfit day of the week was a keyhole leotard and leggings- not so flattering for short squatty ones like me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That outfit deserves a repeat wear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit. Super cute! I love that you remember the leotard schedule becasue I sure do. I found myself checking you to make sure you were correct. I hated the red day - remember it was an actual leotard and had that snap turtle neck - Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo glad I'm not the only OCD outfit person. I still notice and internally sneer when I see repeat offenders.

    But for this outfit, I'd make an exception. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pencil skirt with the blousy top! I'm of the opinion that if then less than 3 people saw an outfit it never happened, and therefore should be repeated.

    Traveling weekends is also a helpful solution to wanting to wear a new outfit repeatedly- different city=different adoring outfit audience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't keep a wardrobe notebook as a teenager, but I do now (even though I often deviate from it), but since I don't work in a law office where suits are required, I can have more fun with my outfits, and I still repeat the really good ones a lot.

    I love, love, love that top and cardigan combination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the top. I think if AC was the only person who saw you in it then it doesn't really count.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You make my day. I tell you. Quit the law and go do standup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! And I thought I was the only one who tracked my outfits in high school. I, however, wrote my outfits on a calendar and planned them in advance. Now-total repeat offender.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you take your photos in the ladies room. Presumably at work. Classic.

    ~carpeviam

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really thought I was the only person who kept the "outfit notebook". It was like a major crime to wear the same outfit twice in a month!

    Oh spoiled girl with her mom's credit card!!

    That top is fab. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still can't believe the CT Four haven't gone shopping together yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This brat wants to steal your shoes. UGH. I WANT THOSE SARENGETI PUMPS and I KNEW IT WAS WRONG TO NOT PULL THE TRIGGER WHEN I COULD HAVE and ARRRRGH. *falls over*

    I totally think it's okay to wear a top five days later, as long as it isn't in the same week. A weekend counts as a "RESET", yup. It's like magic. *waves arms around*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Um..I've worn the same shirt in two days because I loved it so much (it's dry-cleaned) and knew that I would see all our friends in the collection of those two nights (and no one twice).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very sophisticated with just the right amount of sexiness. Too bad my work clothing consist of multiple pairs of almost identical scrubs.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!