Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What's in Kate's...

... Medicine Cabinet (and extensions thereof)?

now that we've tackled The Marc, today i shall take you on a magical mystical journey through my beauty / hygiene / crap i was conned into buying by the power that is corporate advertising!

exciting, right?

aaaaaand we're off (left to right, top to bottom... like a book! unless you're East Asian... and then... backwards!):
  • Bliss Lemongrass Soap from the W

  • jewelry cleaner that came with my wedding ring (super messy, not a fan)

  • fingernail clipper

  • cotton pads

  • Kiehl's Sodium PCA Oil-Free Moisturizer - fabulous if you have oily skin... which apparently i do not, said the amazing Heather at Spa*Habitat... right after i purchased a huge tub of this. sweetness.

  • Excedrin Extra Strength

  • Jurlique Daily Exfoliating Cream - fabulous gentle exfoliator (night-time only)

  • pouch with bobby pins and hair bands

  • CVS Detoxifying Facial Wipes (easiest/best makeup remover ever)

  • Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist - if i could recommend one thing in my beauty routine, it would be this! you can use it as a toner with a cotton pad or spritz it directly on your face to cool it off and lightly moisturize - amazing after a day spent on an airplane or in the sun.

  • Jurlique Clarifying Day Care Lotion - my "new" (post-Spa*Habitat/Kiehl's-purchasing) moisturizer for day and night

  • Arm & Hammer Advance White Baking Soda and Peroxide toothpaste

  • Kiehl's Abyssine Serum - the most expensive of my "holy crap, i have wrinkles" purchases (and the only one i kept/use), i use this every night, especially around my eyes and mouth.

  • No-Making-Babies Pills & Keep-Kate-Socially-Tolerable Pills (and that's all i'm going to say about those - got to maintain some air of mystery)

  • Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Antiperspirant in Cucumber Melon

  • OPI nail polish in Not Just a Waitress and Malaga Wine

  • generic saline solution

  • Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger perfume - this my very favorite perfume of all time - its definitely different but very sexy - usually something i save for a night out as opposed to work.

  • Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume - more sweetly feminine than the Jo.

  • GAP Close perfume - more GAP Swag - i'm super duper picky about perfume and figured i'd give this away, but i actually really love it! its very light and perfect for summer / work.

  • Dove Anti-Frizz Cream Smooth & Soft - i've written about this product before (here) and use it practically every time i blowdry to prevent flyaways and frizz.

  • Kiehl's Blue Herbal Spot Treatment - this shit gets the job done for full-blown zits

  • Jurlique Blemish Cream - the less aggressive (read: drying) of my two spot treatments, i use this when i sense a blemish coming on.

  • box containing the smaller accessories i wear most often to work: J.Crew flower earrings and cocktail ring; Windy Mink gold and turquoise elephant charm bracelet; Banana Republic micropave studs; J.Crew cluster cocktail ring; sapphire ring (21st birthday gift from my parents); random costume earrings.

a remodeled 1920s cottage is still a cottage built in the 1920s - i.e.: i take space where i can get it! currently my toilet tank is featuring:
** please ask Millitini and her Main Squeeze D why my bathroom now looks like a focus group for Dove haircare products - its a good story - and it involves Fire Fly Vodka and really weirdly shaped sunburns.

aaaaaand finally, sink-side:

  • rando coconut hand soap that i picked up from Garden Ridge (yeah, seriously, impulse buy)

  • Oil of Olay Total Effects Revitalizing Foaming Cleanser - i purchased this after an evil TSA agent confiscated the last of my other fabulously expensive stuff from Spa*Habitat and its pretty much equally as fabulous with out the expensive part. score.

  • Sonicare toothbrush - everything you've heard is true. your gums will thank you.
and that concludes our Copious Amounts of Skincare / Are You a Secret Spokesperson for Dove portion of our show.

i know you're all on the edge of your seats, wondering what hoarding habit i'll divulge next, but you'll just have to click on back here tomorrow to discover...

(all together now):

"What's in Kate's ________?"

13 comments:

  1. You are so much braver than I am. I could never show everything I keep stowed away in my bathroom. It would take days and I am not entirely sure what I would find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wanting that toothbrush!

    oh, and i'm a dove lover too...especially the easy hold non-aerosol hairspray (better when you are going curly/wavy) in the blue clear container...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I love the Dove focus group comment--man, I really didn't focus on that part of the day...but what a funny element. And what a fabulous weekend! We are still serious about a repeat OU/UT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason inexplicable even to me I am compelled to tell you to try Pureology products for your hair. If you go for luxe on your face, you might like it on your hair. Their. Stuff. Smells. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best toothbrush ever. i also use the Kiehl's sodium pca "oil-free" moisturizer.

    i will have to check out the Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger perfume now that you've recommended it. i'm sure it smells heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me feel even worse than I did last night. Just moved into a new house and realized that DH and I have like, idk, six boxes of random bathroom crap between us. I fear this is not normal and that we can probably stop stealing hotel shampoo. Although, oddly enough, while we have 8, (yes, really) bottles of conditioner, we are out of shampoo. How???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the same toothpaste- I love it!

    What a cute idea. I think we should all do a "what's in ____?" day ... it would be funny to see everyone's goods :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where would I be in life without my Excedrin Extra Strength, Dove Anti Frizz Cream, and my no baby pills. Probably with migraines, awful hair, and baby on my hip. Thank goodness for none of those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sonicare.

    It's scary that I just said I loved a toothbrush. I need to figure my life out...

    *subconsciously scratches side of head*

    ~carpeviam

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have a lot of Dove stuff too. the hairspray is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really digging the What's In....posts. It's almost inspiring me to do the same. Almost.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!