Monday, September 28, 2009

6 months...

six months since we said "i promise," "i will," and "i do."



































we've traveled to Turks & Caicos, Chicago (well, me), Atlanta, Longview, and Napa Valley - with lots of little trips to Austin and Waco.  we've attended four weddings since our own.  we hosted our first house guests (and 2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th, 6th... we love guests!) and our first parties (4th of July and GAP Born to Fit) in the cottage.  i mixed shit and began training for the 3 Day, with Evs alongside me every step of the way.  we've watched a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Top Chef, and Flipping Out.  


he let me have the three closets in/closest to our room and i've picked up umpteen-hundred environmentally friendly "Evs' Anon Firm" half-full water cups strewn about our house (i swear, its like living with that little girl from Signs).  he sings Christmas carols with dirty words in the shower and i snore (ahem. breathe loudly). 


newlywed life is not all unicorns and paper doily hearts and rose-scented farts.  there are days when i see dirty socks stuffed down under the duvet and they trigger the banging of a Chinese gong and the voice of the Wizard of Oz inside my head exclaiming: DONG!  FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!  


but.  BUT!  it sure as hell is a fun ride. 


i love you, Evs - happy 6 months! 

36 comments:

  1. YEAH! Happy 6 months and a lifetime more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so happy pics, I must teach you some finnish:

    Aivan ihania kuvia = so lovely/wonderful pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh. I love this. you never cease to make me laugh AND smile! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous pictures. happy anniversary day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first six months! Wait until it's been a year; it will seem like it's flown by. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 6 Months! That is so exciting! It is amazing how time passes so quickly when you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy six months!! So cute pictures!! You are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! Congrats to you both :)

    Did you go to Longview, TX?? My MIL is from there! We've been trying to plan a trip done there super soon...to all of Texas really. I need to go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh you guys are so adorable as always. happy 6 mos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so witty! I love the analogy of the gong and wizard of Oz voice!

    What a stunning wedding you two had, and congratulations on 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's an up and down rollercoaster, this marriage thing, but it's so fun! Congrats on 6 months. Here's to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS! Can't believe it's been 6 mos already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on 6 months! Your wedding dress is gorgeous and I love your going away dress! It looks so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww. If I ever saw you and Evan in person, I'd want to give you two a big hug. You just look like fun, huggy people. And that's such a good thing- the world needs more people like the two of you.

    Even if you do snore. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are gorgeous pics and what great memories ya'll have made!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah this post is so cute :) I almost had a little tear forming in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 6 months!! And such a cute post!!

    And YAY for the return of wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed the boat on this post! SO cute!! I heart your hair and lanterns so.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found your blog and that we share the same anniversary - happy 6 months to you! I love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!! What gorgeous and fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations. My husband and I just celebrated our one year wedding anniversary earlier this month.

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww, congrats! your pictures are just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post--cheers to both of you! And I LOVE LOVE looking at those wedding pics over and over again!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on 6 months!! What beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, Jan!

    Maybe for this anniversary I'll get you a wedding gift (maybe if I leave enough comments about it on your blog, I'll actually do it.)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on six months! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a a sweet post :) Happy 6 months, I hope the next 6 are just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. happy happy, darling. you two are a great couple!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!