Tuesday, September 22, 2009

takin' it back

oh what a dreary day! and a busy, busy, busy one, at that!

luckily, there is Milly and the promise of fantastical friends this evening... so, so, so pumped to meet Blue Eyed Bride with the rest of the CT gals (yes, there can be champagne on Tuesdays too)!!!

feeling very Stepford Wife / Revolutionary Road today... gladly not in a mood or a life-imitating-art sort of way, but my trench + swingy, belted dress + triple strand black pearl combo does take me back a bit... wonder if anyone would mind if i swigged a dirty martini whilst answering discovery today?

trench coat - Banana Republic, 2007

earrings and cocktail ring - J. Crew
necklace - BR

"Silk Shaw Collar Dress" - Milly {via Gilt}


19 comments:

  1. That dress is beautiful! I love Milly! I can't wait to graduate college so I can justify buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! you ladies have fun tonite! i can't imagine you wouldn't =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh so pretty! Can I pet it tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probs wearing my Tibi Gilt dress with tights. IS IT TOO SOON FOR TIGHTS? DO I CARE?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Milly dress is so cute! I love it. It looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had a 10 minute argument with my male coworker who came up to my cube, took one look at my belted cardigan and was like, "I don't like it." Uh, I don't recall asking him for fashion critiques. So I had to explain to him about belting, which I guess he still doesn't approve of. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are always so put together. sometimes I must admit, I get jealous :)

    Super cute as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your Milly- I tried to get that one off Gilt but my size was sold out. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the dress! I love your bathroom shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the dress!!! My wallet is happy my days of logging into the gilt sales right at 11am are over, but my closet sure is sad. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the entire outfit and the bathroom shots! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dress--you look stunning! I hope the discovery went well and can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why are bathroom shots the best thing ever? Seriously. Every girl I know does them. We do them at bars for hours at a time. It's strange but necessary.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!