Tuesday, September 15, 2009

outtakes

Napa by the Numbers:
  • tastings completed: 12
  • wine clubs joined: 1 (a victory, marred ever so slightly by...)
  • ... bottles of wine purchased: 22
  • namesakes met: 1
  • namesakes potentially creeped out by my excitement over shared name: 1
  • old-white-guy-rappers observed: 1
  • visits to Oakville Grocery: 5
  • bronze sculptures defiled: 2
  • times Evs signed the check "Tex": 3
  • occasions royally pissed off by a celebrity chef and his huge ass: 1

i promise a full report on our jaunt to Napa Valley after i get my head above water at work (today is my 1 year anniversary with AF, btw. no further comment).

for now, i leave you with some of our finer moments...

pinkies up for the swirl, por favor.

in my defense, everyone was doing this. it was practically a requirement.

probably not what those cards were for.

i actually quite enjoy this picture. however, (a) throughout this entire "twilight tour," i looked like a total asshole prancing around the Mondavi vineyards in DVF and riding boots (we had dinner reservations!), and (b) about 2 seconds after this picture was taken, i fell backwards on to my ass (damn fashion riding boots).

Cheers to Tuesday, kiddies (although, make mine grape juice for now)!

19 comments:

  1. I beg you to please pack me in your suitcase for your next adventure. Not only because of the fabulous destinations, but because I'd love to witness and be part of those fun frolics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only assume the chef in question was the owner of Bottega, aka the royal douchebag from Top Chef Masters? I can't wait to hear moreeeeeeeee!

    *living vicariously through you*
    *and your namesake*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time! And reading about all of your wine fueled adventures makes we want a glass of wine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go to Napa...it looks amazing! I do enjoy a glass of white in between sweet tea vodka tonics every now and then. Glad you had a wonderful time--

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate your little jaunt away looks so fun!! LOVE your DVF dress!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back. Bloggy life can be boring in your absence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. Evs is so classy with his pinky up! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your recap from Napa, doubt I could ever get the hubs to go there with me, you're a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun! You'll have to show us the riding boots too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh. Love Duckhorn. This post cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That statue pic made me LOL. Thanks for sharing your crazy behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drooling over not your wine adventures, but your amazing sweater - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures truly show the epicness of your trip and I can't wait for more deets! :) I love the last picture too, you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had so much fun!

    Napa Valley is on our list for next year, so I am awaiting your posts. I need some good tips on where to go and what to see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a blast!! Loved your pictures! Hope your having a great day = )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you guys had a blast! that last picture of you is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ya know, I'm totally jealous that you beat me on the first wearing of the J. Crew bow sweatshirt thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just a little hilarious that you appear to be wearing a name tag in that last picture... Love it.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!