Wednesday, October 28, 2009

so many little things...

  • So its 6:45 a.m. and I'm rocking along with "lower body day" with the New(ish) Trainer.  And we're doing this thing with a weight machine on pulleys and a step stool.  So I'm telling New(ish) Trainer all about how pissed off I was when they made that ginormous deal about Dina not being able to overcome her fear of jumping up on the stool on the Biggest Loser the other week... because, I know we all have our "thing," but is your "thing" really a 1.5 foot stool?  I mean come on.  The situation would have been remedied had the BL production staff decided not to dedicate entire segments to stool-jumping-failure montages, complete with Rocky-esque music, etc, etc, WHEN SHE NEVER ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO JUMP ON THE STOOL DURING THE SHOW!  Seriously??? You made me watch all of that "heartache" and there wasn't even a Climactic Achievement Moment?  Bullshit.  Anyhoo, I'm in the middle of this diatribe when, lo and behold, my ankle rolls and I fall off the stool, onto my ass (my left ass cheek, to be exact), making a lot of really girlie screeching sounds in the process.  Not okay.  So Dina, my apologies - that stool really is a bitch. 
  • Winos: Buy this!  All Wine Snob comments aside, it makes your vino taste yummier and it makes funny noises while doing it.  I'm tempted to aerate every beverage I drink now, just to hear the sound... "This orange juice really needs to open up a bit... let's aerate it!"  "Honey, you want a beer?  Let's let it breath, shall we?"  


  • Dear Glamour,  You'll be overjoyed to hear that we are no longer in a fight.   I'd say you've redeemed yourself quite nicely with the December cover.  Kudos. 

  • I kind of want bangs.  Like, legit ones.  Thoughts?


  • My post over on EADL today features a really fabulous photo of me in some awesome throw-back winter-wear.  This is top-dollar fodder, people - get it while its hot! 

20 comments:

  1. I love my aerator (I have the one for white wine, apparently it has smaller holes to properly aerate the white. Sounds like a gimmick to me...), but my husband totally makes fun of me when I use it.

    And, yes, I agree the cover of Glamour is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the glamour cover! I just saw it on mrs-o.org and it made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying over here laughing about the foot stool (not at you- at the TBL episode and your incident). I felt the same way...helloooooo just jump on it! I'd probably fall off too though :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha- Erin @ Blue Eyed Bride tried it on her living room ottoman- she'll have to tell you what happened. It's pretty funny.

    I just did bangs, love them, now growing them out. I think you should do long enough so they are easily swooped to one side.

    Finally- my word verification for this comment is crust. Do you think it's sign that I need to be baking? Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait? She never made it on the stool? I totally thought she was able to get on the stool at some point?

    Love me some vino, may have to try that tool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kinda pissed at all the worthless Conde Nast mags that stuck around while Gourmet got the boot, but yeah... that's a heartwarming cover.

    Bangs could be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do bangs! It was the best decision I made in 2009. It amazingly made look both youthful (hid my forehead wrinkles) yet more sophisticated. I love them. This year I've done bangs like the ones in the picture and I've also done side sweep ones and like boht It's easy to go back and fourth because bangs grow fast and the length difference between the two is not huge.

    We decant our wine a lot, we should probably pick up ane aerator. Christmas list maybe?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say do the bangs! My younger sister is a hair stylist and she just chopped herself some and they are adorable!! Even when she has her hair in a ponytail it actually looks chic and not sloppy like mine do! She also cut bangs on my best friend who had the same hair style since 8th grade and they look fantastic on her! And if you absolutely hate them, it's just hair and it'll grow in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, that whole Dina thing was killing me. JUST FREAKING JUMP!! It was annoying to me!! I'm loving the new cover of Glamour!!! Love the Mrs. O! (I'd wait on the bangs. But I'm always scared to make huge hair changes)

    ReplyDelete
  10. few comments
    does it really make your wine taste better? I mean really?

    Glamour: yay!

    Once b said to me, I think only really pretty girls can have bangs like that. (i currently had bangs like that and it was not a compliment)

    ReplyDelete
  11. go for the bangs! i was just thinking yesterday about getting some-- but not full on bangs. i've always had some swoop bangs, but i want them shorter and heavier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As my mother would say, "Bangs never go out of style," so go for it. I found your blog not too long ago and I'm addicted! You are hilarious and have incredible taste.

    I was looking back at your older posts and had to have the "Live What You Love" letterpress for the gallery wall in our living room. I ordered it in the deep blue green color and I've gotten so many compliments.

    Your posts help get me through the mundane days at the office, so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Experienced the benefit of the aerator at my friend's house the other night--its definitely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just about died laughing when i read your post on EADL. That story and picture made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, you already know my opinion on bangs!!XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  16. And yes,the EADL post was quite amusing! That big green coat was a grave mistake--my apologies, once again, 8 years later. But look at what a fashion expert you turned into despite your mom's practicality--thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've had "legit ones" for a few years now, and still love it! When I first took the plunge, I got some funny looks because 'no one else was doing it'.. But I love them.

    Tip: Great to have a stylist that will give you free bang trims in between appointments. Pretty necessary in my opinion.

    I've thought about reading Glamour.. Never really have. Maybe it can become my friend too?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got bangs and I LOVE them! I was kinda iffy at first, and even after I cut them (well, not literally..someone else did..i wouldv'e cut my eyebrows off), I still wasn't sure about them, but after they grew out a little, they're worth it. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely try the bangs. I'm totally indecisive when it comes to bangs, and I go from full on to side swept to grown out about 5 times a year...so I'm all for bang experimentation. And if you don't like them, at least headbands are still in style!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My sister and brother-in-law gave us the Vinturi aerator for Christmas last year. It does make funny noises and I have no idea what it does but I am ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED that it makes wine more delicious.

    Also, just say no to bangs.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!