Wednesday, November 11, 2009

day late, ducky short

A big, belated Happy 40th Birthday to the gang over on Sesame Street!

Being too old for the "Elmo Craze," a little piece of my heart will always belong to Bert & Ernie.  They, along with Big Bird, remain my favorite Christmas Tree ornaments (they're wearing matching sweaters!) and I get a catch in my throat any time I hear "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon."

In celebration, some of my favorite Sesame Street classics, featuring my main men B&E:









And - another misty-eyed clip for me - Ray Charles at Sesame Street's 20th Birthday Party (which maintained a solid place in the BetaMax tape rotation when I was 7):



4 comments:

  1. I posted with a few of my favorite clips yesterday. I'll always consider Sesame Street my favorite childhood show in my early years. Nothing beats those muppets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear that they're going to switch out puppet B&E and start using claymation B&E? Sesame Street will never be the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm delighted that Sesame Street is still going strong after 40 years! I have so many wonderful memories of you sitting on the couch watching Sesame Street, and I'm happy those ornaments still have a prominent place on our tree every Christmas!XO

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!