Tuesday, November 17, 2009

spangly, sparkly, holiday fun!

Ahhhhhh the AF Fancy-Pants Christmas Party is upon us...  Invitation received; date and time duly noted; puppy-sitter procured!

Now all that's left t.b.d. are the duds... Oh Christmas Party!  Oh Christmas Party!  How lovely an excuse are thee for a new dreh-esssssss! {jazz hands!!!}


I have the LBDs pretty much locked down and my closet also boasts a few colorful cocktail pieces.  I do, however, find myself quite lacking in the Embellished-to-the-Max, How-Fun-Am-I, Sequined Numbers.  And truthfully, that is a sad category to find oneself lacking in, now isn't it?

The trick, of course, in frolicking about in a frock so fabulous, is to avoid looking like you're turning tricks.  Or auditioning for the understudy in Tootsie.  Some choices that might (re: with the addition of very opaque tights) fit the bill (though the bill might not necessarily fit my bank account):





and the Barenaked Ladies Dress ("If I Had a Million Dollars")



What will you be donning for your holiday f├¬tes? 

15 comments:

  1. The first Mark + James dress is to die for! I can't wait until my husband finishes law school and we have fun holiday parties to attend because the holiday party at my school takes place promptly at 2:30 pm after all the kids leave and I'm pretty sure I would get fired if I showed up in any of these dresses. Ohhh the glamorous life of working in public schools....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! we have been looking at the same dresses it seems. i love the full on sequin dresses. i will be sporting one for a christmas party as well as a new year's party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me excited for New Years and a reason for all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Both Mark * James Dresses are gorgeous. The first one is super cute. Can't wait to see what you pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classy sequins - who knew?!

    So I work at the state & there are very strict rules about holiday parties. Meaning I'll be wearing a polo shirt and jeans to my at-work, lunch hour potluck Christmas party. TRAVESTY.

    Luckily my husband has a job in the Real World and I get to get dressed up for it! It's at the Salt Lick. I'm planning to wear some dark wash BR skinny jeans and a cute top TBD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second (third?) the post about both Mark + James dresses....gorgeous and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We saw the cutest one in Bloomies in ATL on Sunday. My friends wanted it, but needed a dress for a casual "hang" in the Highlans, so sequins would not quite work (I though they would be amazing).

    Tibi has a sequin blazer right now that looks like a magician/Michael Jackson. Little much for me, but I will take a dress any day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think sparkle is totally the way to go! Save the lbd and cocktails for other occasions. Might as well Go Big or Go home for your fancy-pants party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the BCBG is my favorite-- other than the Barenaked Ladies dress. :) i really really like the mark + james dresses, too.

    I chose a LBD to go with my BFB (big fat body). no sequins this year. not gonna spend too much money on a size that i won't be in for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh love those. I wish my office Christmas party allowed for buying a sparkly new dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw that Adrianna Papell dress at Nordstrom last week and fell in love. Le sigh... then I saw the tag! Unfortunately I don't think I am quite svelte enough for sequins but those choices are all TDF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with both the third and the fifth ones...love, love, love

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just admiring the White-Black sequin dress the other day. Unfortunately, it looks a little too short for these gams...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wore a dress similar to the Vince one to my LBD bachelorette party. I love tasteful sequins. I am obsessed is actually more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wah-hoa, get out of my head. I just typed up a huge ass post with that Mark + James Badgley Mischka dress. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!