Wednesday, December 23, 2009

merry, merry

Today, I had an entire post planned about Robert Pattinson: Nipple Gate '09 (seriously, there are entire online discussion boards dedicated to this subject - Google it).  But that seemed a little... irreverent?  You know, what with the birth of Jesus and all.  So we'll save Important Public Service Announcements to Tween Girls for the list of Post Holiday Topics.

Until then, I'm taking a Christmas breather as Evs and I barrel down I-35 with a car full of pretty packages and an errant terrier in tow.  There aren't words to express how thrilled I am to be spending another Christmas at my grandparents' home with all the family, just as I have for the last 26 years.  This might be the first holiday season where, in the weeks leading up to the 25th, my heart is only half jolly.  I need a reboot.  A reboot to the tune of my grandmother's cornbread dressing, homemade tamales, long walks with the whole gang, candlelight services, Christmas Night movies, and sequined stockings.

Home for the Holidays.  Nothing like it.  Nothing better. 



Warmest Wishes, dearest readers.  Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. *throws some christmas spirit into Kate's face*

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas,and not to wear it out, but...Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, friend! Enjoy you family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you got the reboot you needed, even without the coconut cake this year. You're the best and we treasure our time with you, Evs and the fam. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!