Sunday, January 10, 2010

i hopped off the plane at LAX...

Yes.  Evs sang Miley the ENTIRE. FREAKIN'. TRIP.  To him, for four days straight, "everybody seems so famous."

Obviously, I never got tired of hearing that.  Not at all.  Obviously.

Partying in the USA aside, we had a fabulous trip to Los Angeles and Pasadena.  First off - to address the big elephant in the room (ha! college athletic pun!) - the loss to Alabama was a bummer, for sure.  But I have never left a football game so proud of my Horns.  To lose your star player in the first moments of a National Championship and power through the rest of the game with a true freshman whose played a total of 4 minutes of college ball - zero minutes with the first string, at that - is admirable in and of itself.  But to come back in the second half and nearly shut-out the opposition?  Amazing.  I always thought I'd leave the Rose Bowl immensely bummed after a loss, but the mood among Texas fans was definitely one of pride on Thursday night.  Any and all sadness was reserved for Colt McCoy - my heart is still hurting for that classy kid.  To come so far in your college career and have to go out like that... I can't imagine.

Sporty-Seriousness asides... time for photos!  We really had a wonderful time tailgating the day of and exploring LA a little bit on Wednesday and Friday.  My only regret was not getting to see Danica or Leila - I was so looking forward to meeting two more wonderful bloggy friends but some unanticipated scheduling snafus got in the way.  Boo.  Hiss.

The Game!





J & T gettin' jiggy at the tailgate



So, I took this photo to prove a point to all you nay-sayers who emailed and subsequently argued with me about semantics when I referred to the Texas vs. Michigan game as the 2005 Rose Bowl.  Half of you said "No, Texas beat Michigan in 2004"(I was there - it was New Years Day of 2005 but go ahead and try to fight it) and the other half said "it was USC in 2005" (again, first week of January 2006 - whole family was present).  Well read the writing on the marble, kiddos - Michigan: 2005; USC: 2006.  And, yes, I am this obstinant when I fight with my husband... they don't teach "graceful winning" in law school.



Sightseeing! 


My goal when traveling is to blend in as much as possible with the "natives" - I hate annoying tourists and generally avoid really cheesy guided tours like the plague.  However, where you're in a city like Los Angeles, with no rental car, lots to see, and very little time to see it in, purchasing two tickets on the effing double-decker hop-on-hop-off bus is not the worst idea in the world.  Plus, Robin Leach narrates the Hollywood tour.  NO JUDGMENT.


Evs was supremely enthused to be on a bus full of Bama fans


Evs and me at the Kodak theater with our very favorite movies / Best Picture Winners
 (his: American Beauty; hers: Silence of the Lambs)



Santa Monica


And, since the Horns didn't win, the highlight of my trip was ordering PinkBerry froyo next to Kim Kardashian** near Rodeo Drive.  Refusing to be an obnoxious lamewad, I refrained from covert camera photos or "ohmygawdKim,canIgetapictureswithyou?"  BUT, to prove my Brush with B List Fame, please refer to the following video from the very reputable source, x17 Video:


Fast-forward to 3:16 through 3:24 where you can see Evs' green t-shirt back and my black and white stripe cardy + hot pink cords through the window as Kim exits.

Tune in tomorrow for ridiculous travel tales... and hopefully more photos from my padre's camera.

** my least favorite of the Kardashian Klan but since Khloe and Bruce were nowhere to be found, I'll take what I can get!

34 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks fab! Was Kim's butt huge in real life? Or is she teeny? Burning questions here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Kim! What a memorable trip to Pinkberry!

    Sad for your loss, but you looked so proud in your orange! And sounds like Evs is a lot like my husband. Party in the USA is constantly being sung in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like u had a fun trip!! Kind of sad that Kim just walks around thinking that this is all normal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still sad over the game. But excited about the new Pinkberry across the street from my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you guys had a great time!! And celeb sightings never get old!! So cool you two are in that video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, for real, I would be the one who was in LA for a week and not see one celebrity..yet, I watch e! news everyday..boo! Congrats on your sighting and you may not have gotten a fan-crazed picture with her, but hey, at least your ass looked good in the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, glad you had fun in LA! It's such a fun place!! And yeah, I felt so bad for McCoy also, but was really impressed with the freshman who stepped up! I'm looking out for Texas these next few years!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had such a great time. Your new QB is going to be a ringer in a couple of years. I'm glad we got to play him this year. I'm glad we won, but having grown up in TX, I sure wish we would have played somebody else. I always root for UT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like yall had so much fun! Still destroyed about the Longhorn's loss. Sigh.

    Can we have a moment for the creepy video? Not that you are creepy, and in fact it is cool that you had a celebrity sighting. I would totally have been pumped because I loves me some Kardashians... But what the hell? This website had a 4 minute video of her leaving her apt several times, then ordering yogurt? Thats so weird to me. Its not like on TMZ or the other crazy sites where the celebs are actually doing something interesting. I kinda feel bad for her. Sometimes a girl needs some space to like pick her nose or something. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just have to tell you that I have the same orange BR dress and I adore it. I love that it was, against all odds, so appropriate for a football game too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am still positively heartbroken for Colt. I think you summed up the feeling well.

    Glad you had fun despite the tragic ending to the season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had a fun trip. Looks like a blast and you were stylish as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, you saw a kardashian? amazing!!!! glad you had a good time...The hubs and I watched the game and I must say that little freshman did a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like y'all had a great time! And Kim K made for a fun celeb sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe you actually saw a Kardashian! That is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pictures! And that dress looks gorgeous, perfect for the game!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your brush with fame! so sad, no pinkberry around here :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like your trip to LA was a lot of fun! My husband went to Florida, and we were hoping to be there too. Maybe in 4 years...

    And another Khloe and Bruce fan! I have to admit I parked myself in front of my tv with much anticipation when they aired her wedding special. I need a life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for celebrity sightings! Sounds like the trip has been a lot of fun so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. this post had me giggling big time.. Sorry about your horns dear..
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... that video totally creeps me out! Can you imagine cameras in your face all day long?

    ReplyDelete
  22. good thing you wore the hot pink pants, or we never would have believed ya! ; )

    I go to LA every year and the only celebs I've seen are Sienna Miller and Kelly Osbourne. Sounds like I need to hit pinkberry next time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhh! Looks like you had a fun time in LA. Nice cameo in that video! I was in the LA area before Christmas and didn't see one celebrity, but we stayed at The Viceroy overlooking Santa Monica Beach and it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! You are so famous! You have your first official paparazi vid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darn, I've never seen anyone famous here. I go to Bliss at the W in LA about once a month, and nothing! haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. First, I SWEAR I saw you on tv. Not kidding, you should ask around. Second, I don't watch much football but happened to be forced to watch this game per my husband, and hot damn, if it was not one of the best games I have ever seen. That Gilbert rocked it - I could not stop cheering for the kid. Anyways, looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That game was so intense...I can't imagine being at it, I probably would have puked I would have been so nervous. I was so proud of Texas at the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So good to see some pics from the big game!! As a fellow Horns fan, my heart still hurts a little bit, but, as they say, there's always next year. Colt is one classy dude, and I'll miss him. I remember yelling "You suck!" all too many times when he was a mere freshman and to see him come so far in his four years was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Though I'm still recovering from Thursday evening I really wish I had gone to Pasadena. Thanks for the pics, you're our blogspiration!

    http://peacelovesugarbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. So glad you had fun out here and seeing a kardashian?! I'm jealous. I only saw tim robbins riding a bike on santa monica blvd when I was riding a bike in a tutu. Weird, I know, BUT I'm really sad that your horns lost for you and that I didn't get to see you! glad you had a great time though, and we shall meet irl soon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOL, you're famous!! Glad you had a good time, even though the game didn't go the way you wanted.

    cozystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. sad your horns lost, but pretty glad the SEC one. Although, I did find myself almost pulling for Texas and their freshman qb in the 2nd half... Almost...

    And a Kardashian siting?! Is her butt really that big in person? I saw J-Lo in person, and hers is not. I wonder what they use to make them look like that on screen? Life's burning questions...

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!