Thursday, March 18, 2010

making me happy today...

Wine-ing Whilst Shopping


All Whole Foods'... scratch that... All grocery stores.... hell... ALL STORES OF ANY KIND should serve wine and microbrews to customers!  One heaping glass of Shoofly Buzz Cut, gobs of produce so fresh it makes your heart sing, and a cheese section so glorious it would make the Baby Jesus cry = Dallas' newest WF has me as hooked as the spinach and feta stuffed cod in my basket! 

Fruits of my "Labor"


Does it get any better than a brand-spankin' new bottle of vinho verde to sample and the discovery of the most delightful local cheese-ery??? {How stinkin' cute is this?  I want to be a Cheesy Girl!} 



The Promise of Tomorrow's BBQ Chicken Pizza


There's something very cathartic - nearly visceral - in the act of making bread.  This isn't quite bread, but the kneading triggers the same feeling of satisfaction... plus the smell is simply fantastic.  I made the Pioneer Woman's pizza crust a couple of weeks ago and it was simply (in the true essence of the word) scrumptious.  Tonight I prepped dough for tomorrow night's endeavor (BBQ Chicken Pizza - also courtesy of Ree!) and threw in some dried rosemary and basil on a whim.... I'm just itching for tomorrow's Cook Time - I have a feeling that VERY GOOD THINGS are about to happen in my kitchen. 

Very-Non-Foodie Treats


What are rules for, if not to be broken?  I think its safe to say that Jell-O Mousse Temptations are not a "whole" food... but hot damn if the dark chocolate variety isn't a delectably naughty (but not so!) treat! 

Relaxation: Sans Multi-Tasking


I've been noticing lately that on my "down time," I'm not so... um, "down."  I'm tweeting or blogging or emailing or online window shopping... all things I really enjoy, for sure... but I'm not exactly relaxing.  Case in Point: Damages is one of my favorite shows, but for the past, oh, YEAR, I've been so caught up in one thing or another that I don't remember a freakin' thing from Season 2.  I know I watched it, but when Season 3 began last month, I was utterly lost.  It's not a Prolific Wakeup Call or anything quite so dramatic, but I've been making a concerted effort to stop and smell the "brain massage" roses a bit more.  Oh.  And obvs, I'm working my way through Season 2 again via Netflix.  Man oh man, I love this show. 

What's blowin' your skirt up this week? 

21 comments:

  1. I made a PW pizza tonight and my roommate said it was the best pizza she had ever eaten. Thank God for that woman and her recipes. She makes me look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight, it's Edy's Slow Churned Thin Mint Cookie Ice Cream. Sooo good. Soo bad. And Thursday night NBC tv. Community, Parks & Rec, The Office , 30 Rock - love, love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw on perez that reese witherspoon is going to star in the Pioneer Woman movie! craziness! i need to check out that whole foods...i'm not sure if i'm willing to cheat on central market yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about down time not being down time. I need to work on unplugging more. Adore damages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean about down time not being down time. I need to work on unplugging more. Adore damages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any nails left after that game? Go Deacons!
    I was hoping to make it to the new WF the other day, but spent too much time across the street at NP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of your grocery-shopping wine! My Whole Foods clearly needs to get with the program. Also, the pizza dough? Does this mean you Mixed Shit? (A therapeutic hand knead is all well and good, but the dough hooook! It is wonderful.)

    In other news, my mind was officially blown today when I went to see the Cirque du Soleil show, Ovo. How do bodies even DO these things? Why can't mine? How much would a trampoline and trapeze lessons cost? I have so. Many. Questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Post migraine I caught up on the last four Damages on Monday. Can I have Ellen's Lady Lawyer wardrobe?

    I have already discussed how insanely jealous I am of any with a WF, since my move back to the hinterlands of East Tennessee I have been without, sigh.

    Maybe we could be like Cowgirl Creamery and start up our own cheese making commune in Napa (only sans the sapphic vibe- we want Evs and HUbs along, at least to praise our cheeses).

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, whole foods is amazing. I've never heard of damages? Is it amazing? I tend to watch copious episodes of law and order during my down time. I just love that theme song.


    Also on an unrelated note, i posted about cheese dip a while back. Upon your recommendation I sent husband on a velveta cheese dip exploration and he came back with this delicious white cheese dip mix that was just amazzzzzing. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea! Wine makes food shopping so much more fun! And that wine bottle is so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is making me want to run out to Whole Foods asap!

    And that pizza sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm afraid i'd blow my entire take home pay if i were a whole foods shopper =( i can't say no to cheese or wine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am making a trip to the new WF this weekend. This post made me incredibly happy as wine while grocery shopping is a fantastic concept!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to checking out the new Whole Foods. We always go to the huge store in Austin just to sample our way around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My jealousy emerged seeing you drinking vino while shopping! Our WF had to give up their pouring license to have a Sunday sale license (stupid SC laws!)

    I have added that wine to my list of "must try"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love PW so much! Her dough is amazing! Looking forward to a twist on it with Buffalo Chicken this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish we had a Whole Foods near where I live! I absolutely detest grocery shopping so having a glass of wine in my hand while doing so, would make it a million times better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree about the process of bread making, my wonderful grandmother who was married to a career Army officer who was off fighting wars for 9 years of their marriage... leaving her with 5 children, once told me that if it weren't for the process of kneading bread dough, she would have never made it through the process of child rearing....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE Damages! I didn't like Season 2 that much, but Season 3 pretty much gets off to a fresh start so I think you're ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am officially OBSESSED with the new Park Lane Whole Foods! Whoever thought of wine while shopping should win a Nobel Prize in Sales and Marketing. I loved it so much I even wrote about my exploratory trip on my own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to wine whilst shopping! And the spinach stuffed cod sounds delightful...

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!