Tuesday, April 6, 2010

home again, home again...

Aaaaaaand we're back!

From a drizzly 40 degrees to a humid 81, we arrived home to Dallas this afternoon, our baggage laden with muddy boots, seven bottles of mighty fine Pinot Noir, and, oddly, J's husband's socks.  Words (or charades... or Pictionary... or text messages... or vlogs) can't properly express the fun we had the last week in Oregon - both during "Shmoopy Anniversary Alone Time," and with J, D, L, & D (although, L did post a lovely little write-up on the Portland leg of our journey... check it out!).  However, I do have a Three Part Series (oooo  fancy) planned for the beginning of next week, chock full o photo gems and travel tidbits... so stay tuned! 

Until then... A Sampling + Fun Oregon Trip Facts!

(1) I love LEC Heritage Cardys just as much in OR as I do in TX... except it turns out that Bold Sun, Orange Spice, and Turquoise Sea aren't the thickest layers one requires whilst traveling in the Pacific Northwest during March / April (I'd already reverted to Summer Brain... oops).  
{I thought this one was rather cute, but L said I was toast if I posted it - 
that big honker of a heart means I love you, L!}

(1) Sometimes, in OR, my hair looks like this:


(3) Native Oregonians do not hike in Lululemon and / or off-brand wellies purchased for $19.99 with a 20% coupon at RiteAid...
...we are not native Oregonians. 

(5) Long Underwear + Yoga Tights + Yoga Pants + T-Shirt + Long-Sleeved T-Shirt + Northface Fleece + Shiny Red Shell + Camera & Mittens (shoved into hip pockets of said Shiny Red Shell) do NOT = Svelte Hiking Photos.  AKA: All Potential Christmas Card Photos of "Kate Acting Outdoorsy" have been officially axed.   

{I'm pointing towards the Fort... and the Sea, if that wasn't clear}

(6) Beer is so good.  So, so, so, so, so good. 


(7) But my friends are better!  


Plus, they know how to pick good menfolk! 


The First Installment of Wine {Dundee} + Beer {Portland} + The Goonies {Astoria} posts this coming Monday... get your game faces on!  

19 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous time! Glad the wine got back OK:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband lives by the mantra of "everything tastes better in a jar...especially beer". looks like fun trip! yay for friend vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to my world.. I should have warned you.

    I love what you learned/pointed out though.. Hilarious how spot on you are about the whole hiking attire and cardigan layering :)

    And the hair! Pacific Northwest wind is not friendly!

    Can't wait for more pictures! Glad you had a good time..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad I missed you while I was in Dallas (don't worry, I drank enough margaritas for the both of us), but glad you guys had so much fun!
    Happy Anniversary again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must remember to pack more layers when I go to San Fran next week!

    Glad you're back and had a fantastic time! That beer looks delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay can't wait! Nice work with the layers. It's a must.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husbands family is from Oregon and he grew up there - It's so pretty, but always so cold and rainy! We go camping every summer north of Astoria at Ft. Stevens. And you're right, Oregonians do not wear Lululemon, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fabulous time, but wow, that's a lot of rain!
    Question about the LEC cardis... are they any longer than J.Crew's jackie cardigan? The jackie is just about an inch too short on me and hits me at a funny spot. I love them but need something just a tad bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so fantastic! So happy that you all had a blast - so well-deserved! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fabulous Anniversary trip! Glad you had a blast & welcome home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful trip, even if it was a bit damp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Glad you had fun in my town!! :) Sorry it's so rainy here! Can't wait to read the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't beer in a pint jar divine! I am glad you had fun despite our nasty weather. It was particularily bad last week. Today is gorgeous and sunny go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a blast! I really love the hiking photos- we've all been there. It's also those photos that are the most fun to look back on later because you remember what a *trip* it was.
    Can't wait to see more of your adventures, Oregon looks familiarly like Norway to me, you're making me homesick for my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the hiking sticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to read all about Portland and jot down some tips. We're going in July and intend on drinking all the beer we can!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to go to Oregon exclusively so that I might need to use a walking stick.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!