Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dwell with Dignity

One of my biggest goals this year is to be more positive and (bonus points!) excited about my city.  

In all honesty (and this should come as no surprise), I'm an Austin Gal at heart.  It's where I'm from; where I'm going (eventually); and, really, where I belong.  

But... you know what?  It's just not where I am now.  

And there's nothing wrong with that. 

Complaining about it?  Ain't gonna do no good, my loves

{Good and/or Bad Grammar won't affect my situation either, just to be clear}

Really, there's plenty about my current hometown that can (and should) (and, somewhat begrudgingly, does) tickle my fancy.  And I'm determined to focus a little more on those aspects - because, really, who wants to listen to Complainer-Complainerton for the next 6 years?  

Not me, that's for sure.  

So, for the sake of turning over a more Positive Polly Leaf, I give you a little taste of a cause I am very proud to call Dallas' own... Dwell with Dignity:  
Dwell with Dignity is a non-profit group of Interior Designers and volunteers dedicated to creating soothing, inspiring homes for families struggling with homelessness and poverty. We provide and install home interiors for families that include furnishings and art, bedding and kitchen supplies, and food in the pantry. Our mission is to help families escape poverty and homelessness through design. One household at a time.
As someone who works daily with women trying their darnedest to create a safe, loving home environment for their families, I applaud the designers and retailers who volunteer their talents and wares to this program in hopes of achieving interiors that simply inspire inhabitants!  

After all, everyone deserves a little visual spark!

BEFORE...

AFTER: Common Areas...

...Sleeping Spaces (adults & children)

Huge "Kudos!" to the entire Dwell with Dignity Team for all their great work!   

11 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I love the ceiling in one of the children's rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! Are you getting involved in this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so incredible! what a unique idea! KC needs one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that? Love the before and afters. And what a great organization!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!