Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fan Fail

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS???


This is what happens when you ditch E!'s Red Carpet Show to see Eat, Pray, Love.  At the mall.  Where the Red Mango machine is broken.  Only to leave disappointed in Ryan Murphey for not taking more creative license with the book by including Javier Bardem in the Eat and the Pray parts of the film as well.  Or at least the Eat.  Because, man, would I love to.... 

Ahem. 

Keepin' it classy. 

Anyhoo, I guess that's what I get for indulging Elizabeth Gilbert (my somewhat conflicted feelings on the woman and her year long travel escapades to be saved for another day) (but no matter my personal opinions, this is funny shit) (big gracias to Pants for that link).  

I won't make that mistake again.  

Because the moment one attempts to live one's normal life on an Award Show Sunday - by which I mean only cleaving to the couch for the 4 hours of the actual telecast instead of making it a seemingly Lent-length affair with the pre-show - one misses JENNIFER CARPENTER.

COVERED IN SPARKLES.  

{huge "thank yous!" to Emily for alerting me of the magic}

6 comments:

  1. I think you've learned a valuable lesson: don't try and live a normal life on an Awards Day Sunday :)

    Also, I have issues with EPL as well. I think they place me solidly in the minority of those who didn't LOVE the book or the spirit of the book or whatever it was supposed to inspire in us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you need to schedule these things on your planner and block out the whole day. I always try to wear my son out so he goes to bed early or make his dad watch him. This is important stuff, not to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shut.up did I just get a shout out?! E! didn't give J.Carp the attention she deserved so no fault on your part.

    Dexter also got the shaft so she didn't get any stage time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahem..did you also see Bakerella's recap of the Emmy's?? She was there...and took some pretty cool pictures of the red carpet!

    http://www.bakerella.com/emmy-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't she stunning?! Oh goodness... one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She did look stunning - I just can't get past her character (who I find achingly annoying) and the fact that she's married to her brother. Yes, I'm three years old! :)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!