Friday, September 3, 2010

how laborious!

Thank Eight-Point-Six-Pound Sweet Baby Jesus for Three Day Weekends... am I right?! 


For the upcoming 72 hours of holiday, my brain is planning on blissfully bitch-slapping life's current stressors,** and, instead, enjoying a veritable grab-bag of cheap, relaxing thrills... including, but not necessarily limited to:
  • opening weekend for college football season - specifically, Texas vs. Rice at 2 p.m. (CST) on Saturday;
  • Dexter Season 4 / Disc 3... four hours of fabulosity (a/k/a Salvation when mine eyes cannot take any more pigskin match-ups)
  • finishing Little Bee... then strolling aimlessly through the aisles of Barnes & Noble until I settle on my next literary companion
  • a dip in our pool; a dip in the in-laws' pool; a dip in the old-school sprinkler
  • one last go-round for my white sundresses
Cheers to a restful, fun Labor Day Weekend!  


Boom-Doggy says "Peace Out, Summer"

**Thank you kindly for all the Happy House Karma yesterday!  I'll move on as God intended... with Italian Cappuccino Frozen Yogurt and a hot new piece of real estate ass!  

8 comments:

  1. I would love to hear what you think about Little Bee. It was one of the picks for my book club last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Have a wonderful weekend--I can't wait to wear white all weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun weekend! I can't wait for it to start! I am planning dips in the pool and watching Mad Men since I am the last person to that party and haven't ever seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous weekend ! :) Plus, you've got me hooked on Dexter by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend e-mailed me that same someecard this week after we had a huge (many opinions) long late night debate on the mosque situation this past weekend. I could read those cards for hours. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pick up a copy of The Hunger Games. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Bee- good choice! I liked that book a lot. Not sure if you saw, but I just finished Somewhere Inside and it was so fantastic I could hardly put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - hope you're having a fabulous long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!