Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend: By the Numbers...

Hours of college football watched
- 7

Photobooks tipsily created whilst watching football
- 2

"What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" references made by Evs during the Horns' game
- Stopped counting

Hours of Dexter watched
- 5

Minutes expended frantically googling "View Dexter 4 Finale + Free"
- 34

Spam emails received after attempted registrations with "free television download" sites
- 17

Minutes expended begrudgingly downloading the Dexter Season 4 Finale on Amazon
- 47

Nights rendered sleepless / spent pondering the last 3 minutes of the D4 finale
- 1

Glasses of Koolaid consumed
- 1 (or I suppose 3 since we're talking Trilogy


Movies watched
- 4

Lovely girls' brunches enjoyed
- 1

Loooong walks taken
- 4

Meals eaten on the Adirondack chairs whilst spying on our new neighbors (we've come to call this activity "Douche-Pickle Drama" for reasons that shall remain unnamed)
- 2

Official Goodbyes to Summer (involving pool-sitting, a great read, and an icy Diet Coke)

Just one.  But a good one, indeed.  

11 comments:

  1. That Dexter finale was out of control! After seeing Trinity so much, too, I almost expect him to be in a dark room when I enter. He's so scary! And WTF with the ending??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Douche Pickle Drama? That sounds like a blog post in and of itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So long summer!!!

    I watched 2 hours of Dexter this weekend...I can't wait to finish!

    And yay KATNISS! Glad you drank the KoolAid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post! dexter is amazingggg and thank god deb isn't so crass anymore!

    goodbye summer, hello fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys make me wanna watch dexter. and read that series. quit influencing me!!!

    although i think i'm going to give in on the book series...

    so long summer. you were too freakin' hot and i will not be sad to see you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, I loved Season 4 of Dexter. And honestly, I loved the ending too. I won't say why...but someone was getting on my nerves. :) I'm so excited for Season 5. Between the football, reading, movies and pool time, sounds like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, goodbye summer. Sounds like the perfect farewell to this blastedly HOT summer. Also, I love that you have an activity named for spying on your neighbors. So do we. It's like a hobby. I think this might be a sign that I'm an old boring person? This is depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, we have your Dexter hours beat! We watched the last 3 episodes of Season 3 on DVD, then found Season 4 OnDemand on Showtime and watched the first 10 episodes!!! We're extremely embarassed we spent so much of our weekend watching Dexter, but Season 4 has been so good we haven't been able to tear ourselves away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg. hunger games = amazing. so addicting. could.not.stop.reading.

    ps...tipsy photobooks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ditto to the OMG about hunter games!!! best read of the whole summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love Dexter! I'm waiting for the entire season to come out on DVD (or On Demand) so I can watch them back-to-back-to-back-to-back straight through. I'll probably even have to take a day off work because I'll be so hooked and won't be able to leave my couch. Love that show!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!