I swear on a stack of baked Brie that there will be house photography, refried bean revelations, and posting of actual substance soon.
I just need to find my camera cord.
And AT&T tech support needs to finish sucking the lifeblood out of me.
So make that soonish.
(1) While I am jazzed to vote in my new district, I am so ready for the November elections to be over so the political ads will cease mud-slinging during my morning GMA Ritual. I don't care which party or candidate they are touting... they irk me on a bipartisan level!
(2) Hanging art and photography in La Casa Nueva made me realize that I went slightly overboard on the purchasing of the wedding photos. As in, I'm getting pretty damn close to Shrine Status. Our old gallery wall was much more spread out (think: long and skinny) and not nearly as visible as our new gallery wall:
It felt just a tad narcissistic to greet and entertain guests beneath umpteen frames showcasing ME! IN MY BRIDAL GOWN! so I had to par down. Love the new, more balanced look... have no idea what to do with my leftovers. The single frames are mixed into some built-in bookcases upstairs and I have a cluster of four in our bedroom (where I'll look at myself and Angel S. - oh! and Evs - as much as I damn well please, thankyouverymuch), but what about the others? Do I put all that expensive photography in an album? Create mini nuptial-altars in the spare bedrooms and creep out our overnight guests? What do you do with professional photography when it's time to make a frame switcheroo?
(3) This is my first time sharing a bathroom with a boy. Well, other than vacations and sleepovers (that word sounds skeevy there, but we'll just go with it). We had separate (itsy-bitsy) bathrooms and closets in the cottage. Now there is sheared stubble on my countertop and $1.95 shampoo in my shower. He likes minimal lighting in the morning... I like things lit up like the Taj Mahal. He likes the bathroom all steamed up... I get too hot and my lotion starts melting off and I get pissy. He squeezes the toothpaste from the top... I squeeze from the bottom. I think tomorrow morning we'll just lay down our own choreography to Miss Abdul's "Opposites Attract" and call it a day.
(4) Why are curtains so expensive? And no, I can't make my own. Trust me. No, not even with the liquid stitch. Again, TRUST ME.
(5) The OCD Watching of the December-Release, Oscar Buzz Movie Trailers has commenced! My three favorites, in ascending order of anticipated awesomeness:
Do not even get me started on Blue Valentine's MPAA NC-17 rating. This country's tolerance for horrific violence versus sexuality is so out of whack, it'd be comical if it weren't so utterly ridiculous. Anyhoo, no time to bust out my soapbox, so I'll just say I can't wait to see these two actors in these roles.
I'm mixing myself a tall White Russian and keeping my fingers crossed for another Crazy Heart caliber performance from The Dude in True Grit!
A psychological thriller PLUS BALLET?! It's like the Movie Gods said to themselves "This is the year we make Kate's favorite movie." Black Swan could only get better if Hannibal Lector made a cameo as a pas de deux partner with an appetite.