We're alive! We have a house! We adore it and love it and if it were a cuddly bunny rabbit, we'd squeeze it until it's little cotton tail popped off! Every time I leave it, I have mini panic attacks over it spontaneously burning to the ground while I'm gone.
But that's a topic for another
therapy session post.
I'll be bragging on la casa nueva oodles more in the coming days, but, until one of the many interwebs is magically funneled over our way (today... I'm told it will be today... it'd better be today...), we'll just have to go with a little bit o' menu action!
My weekly menu... taped to our fridge... because it is not magnetized.
This makes me a super sad panda. I have an odd fondness for magnets.
Monday: Tilapia Tacos with Heirloom Tomato & Avocado Salsa
- Sprinkle tilapia fillets with salt and pepper and drizzle salsa verde on top. Bake on a olive-oil-spritzed cookie sheet at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Mix chopped tomatoes, a little bit of diced onion, a bit of diced jalapeño, a quick squeeze of lime juice, and diced avocado together. Sprinkle with Kosher salt.
Tuesday: Chicken Stir Fry with Jasmine Rice
- Chicken recipe is via Everyday Food: Great Food Fast (you can see it here - although I'll use the original red peppers). I'll serve it as regular stir fry with the jasmine rice.
Wednesday: Tomato & Spinach Risotto
- modified to vegetarian from Smitten Kitchen
- to be served with green salad, strawberries, walnuts, and pear champagne vinaigrette
Thursday: Spicy Shish Kebabs
- Alton Brown's marinade recipe
- these were on deck for two weeks ago and I got lost amidst the cardboard boxes and bubble wrap, so we're giving them another go-round
Friday: Chicken Tortilla Pie
- modified from Martha
- this is another recipe that I've made recently, but my in-laws are coming for dinner and I wanted something delicious, comforting, and stress-free... I was going to try and be all fancy-pants, but got over that idea quickly!
- to be served with green salad and, if I'm feeling ambitious, Pumpkin Creme Pies for dessert!
Hits & Misses from Last Week's Menu.
The Tony's frozen pizza and Whole Foods' mac-n-cheese I ate for 4 days straight was delicious. Tasted just like law school.