Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sweet October

October is my very favorite month of the year! The air is nice and crisp... tailgating becomes fun and comfortable... the air conditioning bill blissfully decreases.

I always wanted to get married in October.  Then, upon our engagement, my dad started scratching his head over football schedules.  March it was.  

For me, October marks the start of...

{Generally:}

Decorating with pumpkins and gourds*

Tights (!!!)

Riding Boots

Savory soups and stews

Mellowcreme Pumpkins

Handing out Halloween candy to the kiddies**

Dia de los Muertos

Pumpkin-Flavored EVERYTHING

{Specifically:}

We close on The House today!!!!!!!!

Hopefully.

I'm not holding my breath.

However, I have allowed myself a certain level of excitement.  And that level of excitement indulges in the overuse of exclamation points.  

Apparently "tights" also warrant such levels of enthusiasm.  

So, this morning, I power ahead to our Closing, with my fingers crossed, my tights on, my boots zipped up, pumpkin spice latte in hand.  

If this Closing actually occurs, I will purchase a bag of Mellowcreme Pumpkins in celebration.

If this Closing doesn't happen... well... I'll probably still purchase a bag of Mellowcreme Pumpkins.  

Cheers to October! 

*an (as far as I'm concerned) inalienable First Amendment Right which has been denied to me by Those Assholes (a legal term later to be defined; re: The House).  

** Actually, this is one of those things I've always looked forward to but never done!  Last year we were in NYC for Halloween and all my adult years prior to that, I've been a student and/or lived in some sort of apartment housing.  I cannot wait to stock up on the "good candy" (chocolate, obvs) and hopefully earn and early reputation as the "cool house" on our new block!  

16 comments:

  1. Yay for closing day!! Fingers crossed for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with the boots! Pumpkin mellowcremes!!! (had the freshest one ever last week!!) And we got about a million pumpkins Saturday that now call our front "stoop" home! :) Love October too!!! GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give three cheers for tights and riding boots! It's not quite cold enough here for them yet but we're close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I completely forgot about handing out candy! Exciting! I'm wearing tights(!) as well. Also- this dress is very burnt toast, and darling- http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Dresses/Cinnamon+and+Cloves+Dress

    Good luck on closing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're eating your bag of Pumpkin Mellowcremes (whatever those are.) right now, because you're a homeowner!!!

    I'm sure the kids will line up for your cool candy on Halloween. Yay for the cool house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, i am completely on the same page regarding "cool house" status - this will be my first year to have real trick-or-treaters, too! there will be king-sized candy bars involved.

    on a side note, did i see that you will be at wake this weekend? here's to hoping we bump into you!

    xxoo,
    Queen of Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the house!! Can't wait to hear all about the drama and final victory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today is my first day in tights... loving it! Crossing my fingers everything goes off without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on closing day! House buying is so stressful. I feel your pain. I cannot wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE October as well. This post made me want to start decorating the house and run off to Starbucks to get a seasonal beverage. Also, good luck and hope you two get the house you want!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the closing! I can't wait to hear your experience with purchasing your first place!

    October is the best. Love pumpking everything. It's bad...

    ReplyDelete
  12. thinking positive thoughts on the house closing!!!

    I LOVE OCTOBER :) We got married Oct 28th.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you! Step 1 - find the biggest pumpkin you can buy and put it on your porch. Step 2 - open a Pumpkin Ale and enjoy the view from YOUR home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good luck today!!!! so hope everything goes well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Love October because it's my wedding month! Having the best candy is a MUST!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!