Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wake Bound

Oh yes.  It's Fifth Year College Reunion Time.

SAY WHAT?

Yep.  It's been five years since I graduated from Wake Forest University.  It seems like forever and it seems like a mere blink.  That's just the way the ol' cookie crumbles, I suppose.

I'm thrilled to be headed back the "The Dash" to visit familiar places, scarf familiar nibbles, and hug familiar faces.  I can't wait to show Evs some of my favorite old haunts, take a stroll around the Mag Quad, and have a late-night Cookout Milkshake.

In honor of my alma mater, I give you a sampling of fine collegiate photography (a/k/a: those from my Junior / Senior year when cameras went digital... who knows what shenanigans were rendered unFacebook-able from those first two years).  Please note this selection also includes evidence of My Manatee Phase and The Technicolor Dream Mane. 

Whatevs.  I'm older, wiser, thinner, and more realistically highlighted.  Take that, college.  













































Cheers, Fellow Deacons, near and far! 

11 comments:

  1. MmmmMm Cookout. The first time I went to Cookout was after a long night of drinking at some bar in Chapel Hill. I think I was in the trunk of an SUV when someone said "Let's go to Cookout" and I was like "Who is having a cookout at 3 in the morning??" Clearly, I'm a winner.

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay cookout...any place that counts a corn dog as a "side" is a-okay with me. enjoy NC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Diggity Dogz! I went to UVA, but that was also a pillar of beach weeks at North Myrtle Beach. Please tell me you also have embarrassing stories from the Spanish Galleon and Pirate's Cove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOWOO! Have fun. And I had that cardigan with a K on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Dawson's Creek stalking. Have a fab weekend - too funny, I'll be with my college girls in my college town, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bff went to law school at Wake. I loved visiting her and going shopping. Monkees and Snob are amazing. Our little secret was to hit up the Goodwill. I know some people get freaked out but so many women would discard their designer clothes there! We found Chanel, Coach, Kate Spade, etc some of it still with tags. Oh and bff found some Le Creuset cookware. Hope you don't think I'm weird now haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, fun! I wish I was better about taking pictures in college. Even with my digital camera, I don't have very many legit memories to show the grandkids. SAD PANDA.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was totally vague in my last comment - I meant to say my coworker is also going to her 5 year WFU reunion. So you really did go to school together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh HELL YES for hot diggity dawgs. i went to uva and we went there EVERY night/day during beach week, esp. after sketch dancing in spanish galleon. LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember the SUMMER AFTER SENIOR YEAR, one of my friends got a digital camera. It was so fancy! PARTY PICS FTW! Do kids still do Party Pics? I wonder....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny, I had a place I went to at school called Hot Diggity Dogz as well! And obviously it HAD to be spelled with a Z! :)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!