Sunday, November 14, 2010

Menu Sunday

Ahhh!  Finally!  Fall temperatures are doing a bit more than merely playing peekaboo with us down here in Texas!  I'm thrilled for cooler temperatures this week, and - BIGTIME! - a dinner with HDH (now HHH!) tomorrow night and some Wake Girls Fun this weekend in OKC!  

On deck for our dinning room table this week...

Monday: Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs

Tuesday: Simple, Hearty White Chili 
- a la Pioneer Woman (with Hatches!) 

Wednesday: Macadamia Nut & Coconut Encrusted Tilapia
- prepped fillets courtesy of Whole Foods
- to be served with broccoli and garlic rice pilaf 

Thursday: Grilled Chicken with Rustic Mustard Cream Sauce
- to be served with roasted asparagus risotto 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hits & Misses from Last Week's Menu:

Y'all.  Hotdamn.  Pasta alla Vodka (with grilled chicken cutlets) and Cider Glazed Chicken are both RIDICULOUS.  I'm still dreaming about both.  Follow both recipes exactly (or substitute half-and-half and whole wheat pasta with the vodka sauce and cut the calorie count by a teeny tiny smidgen!) and you'll be golden!  

Another small note... Discovery: Spiced Apple Cider is my new favorite mixer!  Thus far, I've shaken a little apple cider martini (simple vodka + cider) and thrown together a "Winter White Trash Sangria" (white wine + cider).  So take it from me... that $6.00 jug of cider you'll have to purchase just to get 1/2 cup for your Cider Glazed Chicken recipe?  WILL TOTALLY BE WORTH IT.  Twofold.  Or Trifold.  Or More-Than-That-Fold (depending on how creative you get with your adult beverages!).  

6 comments:

  1. that last one looks very white-creamy-sauce-y. thought you didn't do those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the PW's white chili! Very tasty. I've also made the Grilled Chicken with the Rustic Mustard Sauce. It's another yummy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try the Pasta alla Vodka...I may do it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bookmarking several of these recipes! I usually put half & half in PW recipes too, to make them a tad more "healthy" (if you can call it that). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chicken sounds really yummy. I am impressed that you cook 4 different meals a week - I am proud if we do 1-2. Time is just so hard to come by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must try cheap red wine with apple cider. It's probably my favorite white trash sangria ever. If you heat it up you can pretend you're fancy and drinking mulled wine or something festive.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!