I scratched Evs' new car with the garage door six hours after we purchased it. I spent the rest of Sunday attempting to prove that I am not, in fact, the lamest, most careless wife off all time. Actually, it was a pretty lovely Sunday after I stopped bawling and Evs stopped muttering under his breath, but, regardless... little time for menu posting!
Monday: Pasta alla Vodka (& Grilled Chicken)
- a la Pioneer Woman
- modified with whole wheat pasta and half-and-half (not really gonna help the calorie-counter, I realize)
Tuesday: Beef Chimichanga-Tostada Thingies
- I'm winging this one... drawing inspiration from Cooking Light, Tasty Kitchen, and my own culinary creations
Wednesday: "Naked Burrito" Bowl
- with Mexican rice, black beans, homemade pico de gallo, and slowcooker pork "carnitas" from Tasty Kitchen
Thursday: Cider Glazed Chicken with Asparagus Risotto
- Chicken via Cooking Light
- Easy-Peesy-Parmesan-Cheesy Risotto thanks to Archer Farms and a little gettin'-crafty-with-boxed-product magic.
Hits & Misses from Last Week's Menu:
Everything worth writing
home the interwebs about from last week has already had a little fifteen minutes of blogging fame.... save for Williams-Sonoma's Hungarian Beef Stew... which, with cold weather upon us, is a travesty!
The first time I prepared this recipe, I was wary of the onion quantity... 2 large guys? Plus 3 cloves of garlic?? Well, the recipe won't steer you wrong... Perhaps it's not a winner for a first date, but the flavor is 100% delicious! Plus, it's a different take on your normal old' beef stew stand-by!