Thursday, January 13, 2011

Insta-Awesome

I'm not an "App Person."

I love my iPhone even though it continually drops calls and is the two-generations-ago, decrepit 3G model and feel quite naked without it, but I don't fiddle with it constantly or depend on it to organize / categorize / simplify every aspect of my life. 

I have an actual paper, non-electronic agenda, I listen to the weather on the morning news, and I never got hooked on Words with Friends. 

I always forget to Shazam unknown songs on the radio, I have no clue what Angry Birds is, and I have no desire to read a book that doesn't have inky-smelling pages.  

Give me my Echophone, IMDb, and Wikipedia, and I'm a happy camper.

And Fandango.  Oh, and Flashlight {yes, I said Flashlight... that thing comes in handy more often than one would think}.  And, sometimes, in waiting rooms, Tetris.

Mostly?  I just like to take crappy photos with the camera.

Simple Pleasures.  That's me.

And then I discovered Instagram.


My SmartPhone World?  Consider it Rocked. 


My crappy photos?


NOT SO CRAPPY ANYMORE.  


Now they're all moody and grainy and vintage-y and sexy.  

mmmmm. yes.  sexy mini cupcakes.


It's all very Blue Valentine.  Except, ya know, not critically-acclaimed or previously rated NC-17.  


It's just my little, ol' everyday life... but better!

Do you Instagram?  Are there any Apps that rock your SmartPhone World? 

20 comments:

  1. You have to get the "scanner" app - it scans the bar code of any item and pulls up comparison pricing from the Internet. Have I ever used this pricing to my advantage to buy something at a bargain price? NO. I just love to scan stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one more thing - the Adobe Photo Express - it's free and it let's you do instamatic type things to your existing photos - so you don't have to immediately edit the photo and choose a filter right then. I love it even more that instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I am going to have to scope out Instagram! I love my iPhone but I am not much on an "app person" either. ...With the exception of eBay and Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Instagram. And I second TUWABVB recommendation of Photoshop Express. Also Epicurious for recipe inspiration and Grocery IQ to create grocery lists and get coupons. Realtor.com because I love checking real estate in towns we visit and ColorSnap from Sherwin Williams to (attempt to) integrate more color into our home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I downloaded this app as soon as I read your post! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to have so much fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have instagram as well, and it's awesome. I haven't used it as much as I'd like, but I'm having fun with it. I hear hipstamatic is also great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love instagram. I made fun of my friends for using hipstamatic, but then I tried it and fell in love with it. I then got instagram because it was free, and I use both. Pretty fun. As for Angry Birds- I, too, was a doubter, but hear me out- download the trial version (for free) and play for a while. You'll be entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love instagram! I love all photo apps though. More importantly, have you seen Blue Valentine? It is playing in Plano and nowhere else...I think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great app! Did you see Blue Valentine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not fortunate enough to iPhone it-yet...but your photos look super fly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of those pictures. I have the Droid, and I'm going to have to find some sort of photo app quickly.

    Download Angry Birds. Or actually don't. Because productivity tends to plummet once you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy Instagram, but like Hipstamatic better; the photo quality is a little better, but you do lose the luxury of pre-staging your shot.

    I'm kind of app-obsessive; I constantly upgrade/ add/ delete and organize my apps,an activity which R finds mildly insane.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous of your iPhone pictures! Seriously, that app can make any picture look hip. My Blackberry is sadly behind on the times there. (p.s. my husband agrees taht flashlight is the best thing in the world.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Valerie & @Tiffany - Haven't seen it yet! It's one of our Must Sees but we're hoping the theater list will expand! Right now, it's only at the Magnolia or out in the 'burbs (which makes very little sense to me). Evs is Anti-Magnolia b/c of West Village parking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome...thanks! I'm going to get the iPhone is a couple of weeks when it comes out for Verizon. I can't wait! I've been waiting YEARS for this! I need all the App help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I have never seen sexy cupcakes, but you are soooo right. I like epicurious' app. It is free and will put together shopping lists based off their recipes. I need all the help I can get....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got my iPhone and haven't really gotten into the whole app thing like I thought I would. This one sounds PERFECT though, I love the vintage-y look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't Instagram, because I have a Droid. But I have to say, since getting a smart phone with a decent camera lens and a splash of editing software included (to adjust contrast, saturation, filter, etc.), my life has changed.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!