Tuesday, January 11, 2011

snippets

Our destiny is to merge with infinity.

Says my Yogi Tea.

And the Bodhisattva.  

Both excellent sources. 

Except, at the moment, it seems the only thing I'm destined to merge with is the duvet cover.  

Yes, ill.  Sick, sick, sick.  Again. 

I'm told by my colleagues that the first year working with shelter clients is much like the first year of teaching small children... Constant sniffles, chills, coughs, and colds.  And then... as if by magic... 

Impenetrable Immune System of Steel.  

Like an initiation present of sorts. 

Well, my anniversary is coming up in 2 months, and I sure hope the collective wisdom is correct.  Because I am thoroughly over feeling like poo.  

Plus my Spanish really sucks when filtered through a DayQuil Haze.  Which is just no fun for anybody. 

The last 48 hours did end on a high note this evening after I drug myself to a long-overdue hair appointment.  Joelle is a miracle worker.  Seriously.  I would also like to be her friend in Real Life-- which?  Always a bonus. Plus Pompeo has, like, the largest coffee mugs of all time.  I can think of few simpler pleasures in life than warming your hands on a ginormous cup of Bigelow Orange & Spice while someone lovely plays with your hair. 

Bolstered by the banishment of roots, I powered out my first batch of pesto in my CuisinArt. {Have I mentioned how much I love this appliance?}  I'll give you a pre-Sunday recipe review hint... D-E-L-I-S-H. 

My husband protests the pronouncement of the "$" in Ke$ha, preferring to call her "Ke-Ha."  Evs declares he flat-refuses to validate such Punctuation Tomfoolery from the Antichrist of Musical Artists.  This has nothing to do with anything, but is one of the many reasons I love him so.

And now, my tea and I are off on a 1920s steam engine with a dingy gaggle of circus performers.

I'll leave you with a treat from my father, whose note made me smile just as big as the video.

We never recorded music together but it still reminds me of you (and me).

<br /> <a href="http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/home-by-dad-and-daughter/20mimux1?q=Viral+song&amp;rel=msn&amp;from=en-us_msnhp&amp;form=msnrll&amp;gt1=42007&amp;fg=sharenoembed" target="_new" title="'Home' By Dad And Daughter">Video: 'Home' By Dad And Daughter</a>

Sleep tight.

9 comments:

  1. I watched that video probably 3 times yesterday. The way she looks at her daddy brings a little tear to my eye! Also, I'm pretty sure that having a full sized food processor has changed my life for the better in many, many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my first year representing kids in foster care. We were packed into small interview rooms and crowded courtrooms. Getting sick was inevitable. Luckily my boss understood the high rate of first year sickness. I spent a lot of time covering hearings for first year attorneys during my second year! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! Also, I hope you enjoy Water for Elephants. I LOVED that book and can't wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'd love to get your pesto recipe! I haven't made it but have been wanting to recently. hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been sick for over a week now, but I think I finally found the right mix of meds - Mucinex DM and Theraflu cough syrup! Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can think of no better way to spend a sick day than with a big mug of tea and Water for Elephants. But I do hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps the Austinite in you will appreciate this....I swear by a mix of chinese herbs taken at the first sign of sickness. It really works! I stock up on Dr. Shen's but you can find a similar mix at Whole Foods. http://www.drshen.com/coldherbs.htm

    ReplyDelete
  8. first time to your blog, its lovely! the photo is beautiful! x
    http://www.annawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with that video!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!