Sunday, February 27, 2011

Menu Sunday

This will be a quick post as we ate a lot of left overs this week.  Plus, I need to get a-crackin' on tonight's supper so I can be front and center the moment the E! red carpet unfurls... It's Oscar Night, baby!  

Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken w/ Israeli Cous Cous & Green Salad
Lemon Chicken with Whole Wheat Israeli Cous Cous
Pink bowl, pink hair, girlie salad
As promised this tasted a lot like a sesame chicken or a lemon chicken at your favorite Chinese takeout spot... but with half the calories and fat!  The whole wheat Israeli cous cous was the perfect accompaniment - I always make mine using chicken broth instead of water for a bit more flavor! 

Broc + Brussels Gratin - a Cooking Light Recipe (not sure I believe them)
Way to plate
{Pardon my messy planting skills!}  I spied both of these recipes in this month's (March) edition of Cooking Light.  The steaks were SO easy and I had everything to make the glaze already in my fridge.  The gratin was another CL recipe that really did not seem as if it would be "light"... it felt down right decadent and was a fun was to serve one of my favorite veggies.  

Pretzels
Another recipe for which to thank Rachel and Emily... so fun to make and SO delicious... I'm going to have to double the recipe next time because I left for brunch this morning and upon my return, only three little pretzels were left!  Take a wild guess who's on the couch with a tummy ache? 

3 comments:

  1. I must make pretzels this week. And perhaps that lemon brown sugar chicken. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good! The hoisin steaks and gratin have my name all over them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those pretzels were a HUGE hit at my house.
    Thanks for the hook up-- I had to pass it on!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!