Wednesday, February 16, 2011

muppet mania

Little Known Fact About Moi: I'm a big, pink, puffy-hearter of All Things Muppet.

muppets450

Sesame Street was my ultimate jam as a wee kiddo, as were reruns of The Muppet Show on Nick at Nite.

Muppets

The Christmas Toy {which I've always called "The Toys' Christmas," but toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe} is my favorite, favorite holiday flick {well, after White Christmas... Bing beats Henson by a hair}... Mom and I recently upgraded from the beat-up BetaMax {yes, I said BETAMAX} to an actual, playable DVD... that was a mighty-fine-and-festive day, my friends! 

christmas toy

In college, my Animalesque vocal volume earned me the nickname "Muppet" from one of my forever-bests. {I believe her phone still lights up MUPPET when I call.}  My sorority jersey was even emblazoned with that moniker. 

animal

So, I must say, this week has been a pretty freakin' stellar in the Evening Entertainment Category as far as I'm concerned.  First, on Sunday, we had Cee Lo in some Elton John Mardi Gras shit and Gwyneth in some Velvet Depressed Ice Dancer Catsuit shit {but LOVE the Loubs} and some Badass Muppet DuWop Girls.  

{If anyone knows where I can procure a Muppet DuWop Girl, I'd be eternally grateful.}

Y'all know there was a living room dance party all up in Casa Nueva during that number. 

Then, tonight, who pops in for a Cookie Quickfire Challenge on Top Chef All-Stars?  

Top_Chef_1 (1)

Oh, just some of my favorite fury friends. {I wonder how Cookie Monster would have judged the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies I whipped up?} {Recipe courtesy of Espresso & Cream via Rachel}

The cameo almost erases my Fabio Sads

Any other Muppet Lovers out there?  

{Anyone?}

{Or am I now to be known as the Freaky Puppet Girl?}

22 comments:

  1. Elmo was cracking me up on Top Chef. He is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't watched top chef yet, but I am sooooo excited. I have always loved the muppets. The Muppet Movie has alway been one of my all time favorites. I love reading your blog, keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOVE the muppets! I was a Sesame Street kid growing up, too...and I plan to force my little ones to watch one day as well. And my little sis and I watched the muppet movies over and over on VHS. Muppets Take Manhattan was my definite favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha you might appreciate that in 1st grade, when Jim Henson died, our teacher had us draw a picture to commemorate him. My picture? Miss Piggy crying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love the muppets! Also, I'm glad that you also love to hate Gweneth in all that she does. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love all the muppet movies! I wonder if they still make them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Muppets and Sesame Street! Have you seen Muppet Christmas Carol? It's my FAVE version of A Christmas Carol and definitely on of my favorite Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love that you love the Christmas Toy ( I also always would say The Toy Christmas) even though I have to admit that when I bought the DVD and watched it for the first time in many years it was a lot cheesier then I remembered.

    I loved the Top Chef episode with the Muppets! I thought it was so cute how Blais was blown away by Elmo saying hi to his little girl. Lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I cannot even begin to tell you my love of the Muppets. My cousin (and mom) do a dead on Miss Piggy--highlight of my trips home for sure. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove the muppets! I was a huge Sesame Street fan as a child. My favorites, however, were the muppets movies. The Muppets Take Manhattan played at least 50 times in my parents house growing up. Speaking of Muppets, my husband just found old episodes of Fraggle Rock that we have been streaming on netflix. Apparently you never get too old for the muppets :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was dying last night - hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a relative that loves the Muppets too! Did you know FAO Schwartz in NYC has a make your own Muppet workshop? I think you can do it online, but it is probably better to do it in person at the store. We gave this as a gift a couple of years ago, and it was huge hit!! Check out more info: http://www.fao.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3808780

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the muppets on Top Chef last night! I thought the reaction to Richard's "cookie" were pretty funny. And, how cute is cookie monster?!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kate. TELL ME you have seen (and own) The Muppet Family Christmas. BEST [MUPPET] CHRISTMAS MOVIE OF. ALL. TIME. Plot synopsis: The Muppet Show gang (Kermit, Gonzo, Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem, etc.) goes to Fozzy's mom's house for Christmas. They are soon joined by THE ENTIRE CAST OF SESAME STREET and ultimately venture underground WHERE THEY DISCOVER FRAGGLES. The Swedish Chef tries to cook Big Bird, the Muppet Babies are featured via home movie, and Jim Henson makes a cameo. NEED I SAY MORE?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh. I love all things Muppet, too! I grew up watching Sesame Street, The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. I was super-excited about the Cee Lo Muppets as well! :)

    I really enjoyed this book: http://www.amazon.com/Street-Gang-Complete-History-Sesame/dp/0670019968; it's a great history of how the magic came to be!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Umm ... LOVE the muppets! Especially the two old grumpy men muppets who heckle the rest of the cast of The Muppet Show from their balcony seats :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My entire family are muppet fanatics too - for no particular reason either! Two Christmases ago, they all came to the airport to meet me wearing different masks. I do not lie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them too!! Fraggle Rock is my FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahahaha, I JUST did a post about Muppets. Kind of. It was more like how this fake- fur trend is sort of muppet- like.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The muppets were my favorite when I was growing up. I actually saw Jim Hensen in a parade at MGM when I was little. He was in a car with Miss Piggy. I still have the picture in my room. I like to make the Beaker voice when I want to mock someone and my fiance doesn't get it. It kills me that he doesn't have Muppet love. His stepfather, though, sang me the whole Muppet Show theme song one night! Got to love that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. huge muppet fans in our household. my husband dressed up as "the sweedish chef" for halloween, it was too funny. my favorite still remains the old chortling men, so my sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do am in love with all things Muppet! I was beyond excited to see Elmo, Cookie and Telly on Top Chef last week! BEYOND!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!