Monday, February 21, 2011

simply good

There are things that are simply good for the soul.

Wedding-Reception-Twinkle-Lights-500x332

Cheapish but Goodish white wine with Girl Scout Cookies.

Take-away picnics under twinkle lights.

1:00 A.M. Heart-to-Hearts with your own mama... ugly crying and fierce hugs and precious words of encouragement. 

Trusting that yeast and warm water will cause flour and oil rise.  Knowing that a dozen or so frantic, heartfelt punches to a batch of bread dough is not only emotionally cathartic but concretely productive.  

Night Drives with the one you love best... Star-Gazing through a sun-roof and Pipe-Dreaming of cashing in the 401K to go a-travel-groupie-ing.


What patches you up when life comes crushing in?

11 comments:

  1. A clean house, a good dinner in the Crock Pot and reading in bed. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long walks with the puppies.

    The Avett Brothers.

    Starry nights.

    Daydreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a clean apartment, cuddling with my dog and fiancee, listening to aerosmith when i miss my mom [her favorite]

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing I value more than a late night soul searching talk accompanied by cathartic tears and lots of hugs. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies. Oatmeal chocolate chip ones tend to work the best--I'm sure because the oatmeal balances out the chocolate, butter and sugar. Or that's what I tell myself.

    A clean house.

    Puppy snuggles.

    Yummy smelling candles.

    A warm afternoon.

    Diet Coke.

    A stroll through Anthro...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean sheets, cupcakes, walks after dinner with my husband, iced tea, reading a good book in the hammock on a warm evening, I could go on and on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot chocolate. Anything combining chocolate + peppermint. Snuggles with my puppy. Glossy magazines. WINE. Mani/pedi. Diet Coke. Red chewy candy like Swedish fish. A good sweat sesh. Online shopping (mostly filling my cart and not actually buying any of it...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Under-the-sheets kisses. Really cold water. Songs I know all the words to. Farmer's markets (hurry up, spring!). A new pair of shoes. And I agree with take-away picnics and Mumford & Sons.

    Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot bath, chocolate milkshakes, holding hands in front of something funny. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The world is currently crashing in on me from every freaking angle possible and I'm taking refuge in a criminal minds marathon, a dr ordered xanax, and a strawberry milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt the same way about The Kids Are Alright-- superb! And I went to a big party for the Super Bowl this year and was SO ANNOYED that I couldn't hear the commercials. This is serious business, people.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!