Monday, April 4, 2011

Travel Snapshots: Wine-Tasting... Everywhere

I've had a happy relationship with wine ever since J, L and I proclaimed Our Home is a Sutter Home with a custom wannabe cross-stitch Sophmore Year {yes, I'm using the term "wine" loosely there... give us a break, we were youngins!}.  Evs, however, was still a Vino Virgin when we traveled to Greece in 2007.  That quickly changed as we discovered wineries hidden around ever turn on Santorini.  Since then, I'm not ashamed to admit that wine has played heavily into our vacation plans.  If there are vineyards, consider us there.

In fact, we just might be strolling around Siena, tasting glasses in hand, at this very moment!  

P8110576
P8100475
P8110534
iiii
88888
P8100456
Copy (2) of P8100465
22222
P8100472
Greece - August 2007

IMG_1409
IMG_1395
IMG_1378
IMG_1397
IMG_1351
Napa Valley - September 2009

IMG_2164
IMG_2132
IMG_2130
Dundee, OR - March 2010

IMG_0287
IMG_0049
2
Important Note: DO NOT drink wine in Thailand.  Stick to the delicious Singha beer.


P8140664
Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I just love wine tastings! Napa is (hopefully!) going to be our next big trip. Hope you're enjoying your time in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all have the BEST vacation pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous .... and I want a glass of chardonnay already and it's 8:52 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, YUM. I haven't had a glass of wine in approximately 152 days - but who's counting! I can't wait for that first post-baby glass. (Wow, I sound like a wino.)

    Hope you're enjoying many delicious glasses on your Italian adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are gorgeous! Love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you guys have traveled to some amazing places together. I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! I especially love the last one.

    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm........I want to go on vacation with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these photos - and so jealous of the Greece ones! My family is from Greece and I have been there twice but never to the islands. Have to say when I was in Italy on my honeymoon, there were a lot of pictures of The Aussie and I with wine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures! I think we have very similar travel styles...My husband and I also tend to find a vineyard or two on every trip. We visited a lot of the same vineyards as you on our honeymoon in Santorini! I recognize Santo and Boutari! Weren't the views at Santo amazing? We also will be in Siena next week during our Italian vacay. I hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that last picture.

    The husband and I love wine tasting - took our "last hurrah" trip to Napa (where our baby boy is likely from - ha!) and had been on a wine tasting trip to Virginia earlier last year. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!