Monday, June 27, 2011

dog days

I think its this heat - sapping every iota of potentially semi-interesting thought from my brain.  Sometimes an inkling of an idea blows in with the breeze on our Post-Sunset / Supper walks, but - like the fireflies I used to catch in Kerr jars as a child - they twinkle out as soon as they appear. 

{See?  I'm getting all High School Creative Writing up on your ass... a sure sign I'm all out of good material.}

Like a cheap tub of putty, here's a few nuggets to fill in the gaps while I drum up some actual substance...

Midnight in Paris



An utter delight... Woody Allen is back on top!  Owen Wilson rarely charms me, but is just so damn earnest and bumbling in this film... He's the first in a long line of superbly cast characters Charleston-ing through Paris, champagne saucer in hand.  The lit-art geek in me about jazz-hands-ed out of my skin at the bohemian parody parade!  

Aaaaaand, of course, I've been pinning photos of flappers ever since...

Source: google.com via Kate on Pinterest



Source: tumblr.com via Kate on Pinterest


New Reads




Good Stuff all around... a/k/a Chuckle-Worthy Summer Reads The Don't Make Me Feel Dumber. 

Summer Grilling


When there's farmer's market fresh summer squash, sweet corn, and smoked mozzarella on the line, who cares if you can't eat the bun?

What's blowing your skirt up these days?

6 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see Midnight in Paris! I've watched the trailer an embarrassing number of times. I'm also so happy to hear you liked Bossypants, it's definitely at the top of my book list! I hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard I cried at certain points in Bossypants! Definitely an easy, entertaining read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading my way through the Maisie Dobbs books by Jacqueline Winspear and I cannot recommend them highly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having a weird entertainment mind meld! I saw and loved Midnight in Paris, am currently listening to the audiobook of bossy pants (in the car), and finished I was told there would be cake on the plane home from Paris. Crazy how that happens sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear from someone who has seen Midnight in Paris... it's definitely on my list this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you liked Midnight In Paris as much as I did!!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!