Monday, July 11, 2011

boho dreams

One of my Major Life Goals includes "Convince E We Need Funky-Printed Bedding from Anthropologie."

It's right up there with Tap Dancing Atop a Grand Piano.

Lofty ones, I know.

Thus far, my powers of persuasion have been thwarted.  Mostly because I show the man photos like this and he's all "Seriously, woman? I already sleep swathed in yellow paisley, give it a rest, whydontcha?!"

Validish point, husband.

BUT!

Someone spied something print-tastic this weekend at Pottery Barn while his wife was attempting to dryhump an antique mercury glass  table lamp... 


... and then that someone was all "hey wouldn't this kind of match our roo-- omgwillyoustopwiththemercuryglassplease?!" 


And now we have a new bedroom quilt.  


A true Story for the Ages.  


Does it all matchy-match?  Maybe not.  Which is why I dig it so.

15 comments:

  1. Oh dear. The dry hump comment made me just BIG laugh. Love the bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making him think it was his idea? Nice move sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg weird my husband picked that one out too!! looks pretty in your room!!!(we ended up w/ the the striped duvet tho)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Way to go, E! That guy does come around--with style!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! So very boho chic! : )

    http://seeshellrun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely new bedding! Yellow is a favorite color of mine. I finally decided to stick with the white duvet so I can change out my quilt and pillows whenever I feel the need. ALSO I'm moving to Dallas in two weeks! Any advice for a single girl on where to live, what to do, good places to take rambunctious pups?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice eye E! I think it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! and you didn't even have to TRICK him into thinking the bedding was his idea! excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we watched the adjustment bureau the other night and jake paused the movie on a scene where matt damon was laying in bed simply to say "i'm choosing our sheets next time. i like dark blue and obviously matt damon does too. you can't argue with matt damon. no more girly shit." so we made a deal, he can choose our next bedroom set, which will likely be dark blue. i left out the part where i subsequently buy gorgeous turquoise vases and/or lamp vases to go with said dark blue set. they never learn...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that same yellow paisley bedding! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A) you make me laugh. B) I love your bedding!! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on achieving your goal! the quilt is really pretty, especially with all those yellow pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your bedroom design ideas! So shiny!

    Regards,
    Upholstery Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this, so cute and congrats on achieving a lifetime goal!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!