Wednesday, August 24, 2011

bebe stats

Thank you all so much for your kind comments, tweets, and emails in response to Monday's post... While I'm very into cheese, cheesiness {of the non-80s-hair-band variety} transforms me into an Awkward Alice, but I'll table the sarcasm for a moment to tell y'all I was, and continue to be, overwhelmed by your sincere well-wishes!  

And now for the obligatory Answers to Your Preggo Queries post... 

How far along are you? When is your due date? Are you still puking your guts out? Any weird symptoms?
  • I am in my 13th week -- Helloooooo second trimester!  
  • The little queso or quesita is expected around February 28th, and no, I do not think it would "awesome" to have a Leap Year baby (HUSBAND!).  
  • I feel as if my general energy level is back to normalish, which is much appreciated. My actual Linda Blair moments have been few and far between but I had extreme nausea from week 6 to week 12.  Happy that seems to be behind me but I still have some "shit, where's my trashcan" episodes.  
  • My oddest symptom is Intense Weepiness in Response to Loud, Surround-Sound Music.  This should be a post in and of itself. 
  • I am loving and then discarding different foodstuffs at a ridiculous rate. Weeks 5 through 7 were all about the GF/DF Chipotle burrito bowl... Now, the mere mention of the words "burrito" and "bowl" turn me green.  Then there were the torrid but short-lived affairs with grapefruit LaCroix and Annie's Organics Mac-n-Cheese.  Fresh fruit and pad thai seem to be my only constants. 
Do you really attribute your delicate state to Eastern / natural treatments?  Are you still eating within the HAKU parameters?  
  • This is another response about which I vow to dedicate a whole 'notha post... but the short answers are "Yes, for the most part," and "Um, no."  
Are you going to go all hippie-crazy on us with the rest of this pregnancy-related crap?
  • As the Magic 8-Ball says... Signs Point to Yes. 
Are you suppa duppa fat yet showing at all?
  • I pretty much look like me... with a FUPA.  I abhor that acronym, but since we're all about keepin' it real around these parts, that's the most accurate description I have at my disposal.  Additionally, the sausage arms are looking extra sausage-y.  Which is... special. 
Will you find out the sex?  Do your breasts have an ESPN feeling on boy vs. girl? Does that Mean Girls reference ever get old for you?
  • Si, si
  • I'm going all Picasso and thinkin' Blue.  My baby psychic also predicted Boy (OH YES I DID).  She was correct as to the month of conception so we shall see if she's 2 for 2 in about 5 weeks. 
  • Never, ever. 
So you were knocked up during the Great Flood of 2011?  
  • Yep, about 7 weeks.  But it turns out "my wife is pregnant" is a really good way to light a fire under the dryer-outter contractors' asses... as is "we're both lawyers."  I am pretty confident there will not be a molecule of mold hanging around out house now. 

What exactly was in that sandwich? 
  • Oh, y'all.  No words... Roasted Hatch peppers, Gruyere, heirloom tomatoes, and arugula, grilled all melty-like on wholegrain bread.   I'm still dreaming about it.  
I think that about does it for now... I'm open to more questions if y'all have them.  And another Muchisimas Gracias for all the well-wishing!  

33 comments:

  1. so I'm the worst kind of blog reader: one that has never commented. but know that I'm knocked up myself I find myself all caught up in the camaraderie of it all. as in, "OMG I've fallen in and out of love with grapefruit la croix TOO!" I also feel like the baby within has given me some psychic powers as well. I'm about 5 weeks ahead of you in this whole process and just *knew* when your posting became sporadic (especially the absence of menu Sunday/Monday!) that something was up. I'm so happy that my little motherly intuition was correct. a huge congratulations to you and Evan and I can't wait to hear your take on the crazy wonderfulness that is growing another life. (another aside- that sandwich! at 18 weeks, the one thing I have NOT fallen out of love with is toasty bread and melty cheese. yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy! So exciting! What a great time to have a baby...a little while of cozy "wintry" time to snuggle and keep close to home, then spring comes and out taking walks with the babe!

    And um, I have wracked my brain but I don't know what FUPA is...I'm afraid to ask..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LizPoms - DO NOT google that at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I didn't, I was too afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a doll! I am so excited for you and e and the quesito in discussion! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 28th is my due date too! My husband also thinks it would be so cool if our baby was born on the 29th, something I'm really not in agreement with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A baby psychic! I didn't even know those existed. Tell us more please? Which reading did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So I have to tell you, I'm 13 weeks today. My due date IS February 29 and no I don't think a Leap Day/Year baby would be cool either, despite my parents and doctors thinking otherwise. Luckily, hubs is on Team Feb 28 or Mar 1 ;) Can't wait to follow along with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and I used Cheri22 too ;) After 4 IUIs and a loss, I needed some encouragement. She predicted July for us and we heard babe's heartbeat on 7.7.11. She also predicted a boy, so we'll see. Another blogger, used her and she got the month and sex right for her too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so adorable, cracked me up. You'll be "a cool mom, a fun mom" (Mean Girls). Again, congrats and I look forward to hearing your undoubtedly hysterical adventures towards motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Caitlin - Thought you might like that :) You are my creative nicknaming force!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also a horrific blog reader and have never commented (but I have emailed before re: One Day). Anyway, I had a *feeling* that you might be with child due and I'm just so happy for you and E!! I can't wait to hear more about the little bebe:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! February is a great month to have a baby!!! Mine was born Feb 27th! The food aversions will come and go, some will stick ie: I can no longer eat porkloin....gross!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where can I acquire the glory that is that sandwich? I neeeeeeeeed it.

    And the fries.


    Sincerely,
    My food joy


    Oh, P.S. You might be growing a teeny tiny peen. :) You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My birthday is February 28th! A WONDERFUL day to be born, if I do say so myself. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the little one isn't born on leap year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Kate!! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations again! I'm due on October 28th and if one more person says how cool it would be to have a Halloween baby I might lose it.

    I'm so happy for you that you don't have to be uncomfortable in this heat.

    I'm with LizPoms though and have no clue as to what a FUPA is. I'll save that Google search for later...

    ReplyDelete
  19. My birthday is Feb 28 and my entire life people have asked me if I'm lying, and I was really born on leap year (meaning the 29th, but that's not how they ever phrase it). Here's how I would like to answer those people (1) Punch in the face - Seriously?? Why would I LIE about my birthday? (2) It wasn't a leap year. Idiot. (This is normally my response sans the idiot part)
    I can't even tell you how annoying it is! Best of luck, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! And not to be all creepy-reader-who-you've-never-met-in-person, but I am also in my 13th week of preggo-hood, due 2/26, completely horrified at the thought of having a leap day baby (fear which spawned literally 30 minutes after I got a positive test and calculated a possible due date) and sportin' an awesome fupa. Just realllly ready to look "pregnant" and not "loves cheeseburgers and beer." Anyway, CONGRATS again!! I'm glad I'll have any baby posts you write to amuse me as I'm working down the same timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  21. For all that is holy I WANT THAT SAMMICH! ...and I just ate lunch... I'm so looking forward to hearing about everything as I LOVE how you keep it real, baby "FUPA" and all. Congrats again! YAY BABIES!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay congrats! Our little nugget was born on Feb 17 and I have to say, I loved not being super huge and sweaty in the summer and instead got to live in comfy winter boots, leggings, and tunic sweaters. Curling up by the fire has never been better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so excited for you guys! Congrats!! I know your posts will only get more and more hilarious from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woohoo! Congratulations!!! That is great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally knew you were going to be making this announcement! Was trying to figure out yesterday when you might be due and it was easy to calculate because I remember announcing my pregnancy mid-late September last year and so I figured you'd be about one month earlier than I was if you're announcing now...and you are... nerd alert over here. Anyways, early spring is SUCH a good time to be due... you can hibernate over the winter, and then just when the sun starts to come out you get to pop out that little kiddo. I hope you'll be blogging about it, and PICS please!!
    Seriously, congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kate, I just want to say again how excited I am for you! I need to hear more about this baby psychic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. congratulations, what great news! i'm due on january 28, so i'm looking forward to following along with your pregnancy tales. it's so nice to relate to other people also feeling/thinking crazy things :) here were my thoughts on the 1st trimester: http://blush-n-bashful.blogspot.com/2011/07/17-thoughts-from-past-13-weeks.html

    best wishes for a great 27 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. There needs to be a whole post on this "baby psychic" you speak of. I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So excited for you!!!!! Loving your sense of humor!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. you are so funny, kate. um, i craved fruit with both pregnancies, and got penises both times, so i think you're getting a penis too. comforting to think of that floating around in there, no?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, how wonderful! I am also in my 13th week after a year and a half of trying to conceive. I am so very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Many congratulations to you!!! Here's to a happy, healthy rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!