Wednesday, September 28, 2011

place your bets...

Now, 'lest yesterday's post left you with the impression that I've gone 100% Serious Introspective Mom on y'all, I should disclose that I have a Bliss facial riding on the outcome of our anatomy scan this morning.

Because everything's a bit more fun with overpriced skin care on the line.

And since everyone loves a guessing game, here's how the "odds" are shaping up so far...

~ My Rookie Intuition: Boy, based on absolutely nothing.
~ E's Prediction: Boy... but he was a sport and took the Girl side of our little wager

~ Family Matters: both sets of grandparents-to-be are feeling Blue
~ Business & Pleasure: friends and colleagues all seem to be thinking Pink

~ Psychic Powers: Cheri22, Internet Baby Psychic Extraordinaire, predicted Boy, with the aid of her spiritual guides Tomas and Serlina plus twelve Canadian dollars.  And, let's give credit where credit is due, Cheri was correct in her conception month prediction of June.

~ Asian Powers: Since their voodoo herbs work wonders, perhaps their prediction chart is equally as magical?  Girl.

~ Old Wives Tales Pointing to Boy: thicker hair; comparatively little morning sickness; butt's the same size {I hope}; carrying low {maybe? hard to tell with the general lack of a real bump}; face shape remains the same at this point; Mayan Formula {year of conception 2011 + mother's age at conception 28 = 2039, odd is boy}
~ Old Wives Tales Pointing to Girl: hair is growing at the same rate; craving sweeter foods; my feet are not colder than before; boobs be ginormous; baby's heart rate is fast; loving me some orange juice; oil slick on my face; month of conception was even.

That about covers it, I think!  Any guesses out there?

{My pores pray you'll pick Penis.}

{Alliteration for the win!}

ETA: T-Pop would like to point out that his guess was Girl all along.  

20 comments:

  1. I say girl based on absolutely nothing other than my gut reaction. Let it ride in Vegas, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna say BOY! Squeeeee! I can't wait to hear the news- so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm saying boy, mostly because I'm having one and want to see all your cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! Intuition is usually right, but I think that Chinese gender chart is also usually right. Eep! Either way, that little munchkin is going to be so loved!

    My bets are on Quesita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen and I were just talking on Monday about how it seemed like EVERYONE was having boys for awhile, but now we are hearing about more girls... so I'm thinking pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no rhyme or reason to my guess, but I'm betting on a girl! Can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going with boy. Just so you can get a facial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we tried the Chinese calendar thing with a bunch of coworkers earlier this year and it was right every time, so I say niña!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know, I vote boy! Can't wait to hear the results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. voting boy! i trust a mother's intuition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thinking boy and I trust a mother's intuition. Although you totally popped up in a dream last night with a little girl.

    And now I'm slightly crazy admitting I dream about my Twitter friends. Oh. And Amber from Teen Mom was there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking boy too... I can't wait to hear the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tpop said "girl" and we all know what connections Tman has with super powers of the intuitive regions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfectly Imperfect sounds like Daddy Jim's story about the GP in Amarillo.......his prediction about baby's sex was never wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BOY! here's hoping you get your facial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I don't even know which to guess. But I do know that how you carry has everything to do w/your physical shape & uterus & nothing to do w/gender. Hoping for a beautiful scan & that baby cooperates for good pictures, if you're able to get printouts or get them on disc :)

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!