Sunday, October 16, 2011

Menu Sunday

2 new recipes... 2 old standbys...

Beef Tacos
1 lb lean ground grassfed beef + spicy taco seasoning packet + half a pint of cherry tomatoes.  Throw the tomatoes in when you add the spice packet.  Pile onto flour tortillas atop a bed of shredded extra sharp cheddar and BOOM: Supper.  It's all very Semi-Homemade, but what can you do.  Ain't no shame. 

Autumn Pasta with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
adapted from Skinny Taste
Autumn Pasta w/ Roasted Brussels
E declared this "one of the best things you've ever made."  So... success?  Undoubtedly so... this was delicious.  I didn't do a lot of fiddling with the original recipe, but I did add about a 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the brussels while sauteing and then popped them in the oven {450 degrees} to roast for about 10 minutes.  We loooove roasted brussels around these parts, and I think that extra step took this recipe to the next level.  I also left out the celery stick... because buying a single celery stick is a pain in the ass.

Hatch Chile Mac
courtesy of the Waspy Redhead
I was going to make Hatch Turkey Chili, but, um... best laid plans and all that.  Bottom Line: I physically needed to make this recipe.  God Bless Lactose Intolerant E who ate leftovers while his wife licked the bottom of her Pyrex.  Hands-down, this is the best mac-n-cheese recipe I've ever made.  The secret's in the Velveeta... And yes, I'm secure enough in my Cheese Snobbery to admit that.  {Sorry this photo isn't very appetizing... Click on over to be visually taunted by Elizabeth's photography!}

Cider-Glazed Chicken w/ Steamed Broccoli
courtesy of Cooking Light
No photo.  Lo siento.  I've written about this one before several times.  It's easy and awesome.  And just what your arteries need after 4 lbs of Hatch Mac. 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely have to remember these recipes for when I, umm, decide to cook. I'm not a big fan of mac n' cheese but maybe it's because I've never tried it with Velveeta. Will try- one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, and so glad you enjoyed the Mac n Cheese!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!