Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Big. Sigh.

It's been one of those days...

Where it seems like instead of actually interacting with people on a professional level, it'd just be easier to hold a boombox up to their faces, Lloyd Doggett Lloyd Dobler-style and play the Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want" on a continual loop... 

Where your brain is so soft-boiled that it fails to properly compute 80s pop culture references and defers instead to the popular Texas rep of the "fajita strip."

Where you return home too late to start that supper you so thoughtfully planned out, but you thank your lucky stars there is a Hail-Mary package of fresh tortellini in the fridge and a jar of roasted red pepper sauce in the freezer...

Except somehow that sauce has gone rancid {note to self: labels with dates are your friend}, a fact you don't discover until after you've poured it on the pasta...

So you rinse dinner off and drain, turning then to the pesto in the fridge that you opened a couple of weeks ago.  After a good toss, you sit down with your DVR and Zooey Deschanel for a "not-so-stellar-but-what-can-you-do" dinner...

Only to find, after eating half the bowl, that the pesto has an alarming aftertaste, bringing to mind That Time Your Mom Had Major Surgery & Someone Brought a Vat of Homemade Cobbler That You Ate & Ate & Ate Until 9 Days Later When You Realized Too Late It Was Molding From Lack of Refrigeration...

And now the oven is preheating to 425.  Whole Foods Uncured Pepperoni Pizza, don't let us down. 

Yeah. So.  

One of those days.  

9 comments:

  1. Oh, girl. Me too. I like the boombox idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud your fortitude to get a pizza in the oven. I would have just cried and eaten a bowl of cereal at that point. Well done. In other news, I agree that Elisabeth Moss probably does with they would stop playing the Excedrin commercial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally had one of those days too. complete with the dentist telling me I have 5 (yes, 5) cavities in my pie hole.

    my knowledge of pop culture is seriously embarrassing. all these years I thought it was "Llyod Dobler" or "Doppler" or something like that. "Say Anything", right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh i had one of those days yesterday too! Hope today is better for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know the feeling- I am just impressed at the number of back up options you had. I ended up ordering a cheeseburger and fries, and eating DURING my board meeting last night. Rude as hell, but hopefully no one minded since I am HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heh I just tried to google "Congressman Lloyd Doggett boombox" to see if there had been a political scandal I'd missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annndddd this is why I adore you. Lloyd Doggett/Lloyd Dobler almost made me mess my dang pants. (Because I've done that.) (Like last week.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. had one of these last week. after an overwhelming baby registry experience, i got caught in the rain without an umbrella only to arrive at my car with 2 simultaneous parking tickets waiting for me and then drove home to find my husband had finished the last of the rocky road ice cream. boo.

    hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to use the boombox trick where I work.

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!