Monday, January 9, 2012

33 weeks

32w4d
...with a Fashion Flashback to 20 weeks...
diptic

Musings on Weekly Photo: Crazy the difference 13 weeks makes, yes?

Marination Time: 33 weeks tomorrow. I got a wee bit lazy on the post that I mentally scheduled for today - hence the early-bird update. 

Maternity Clothes: As depicted above, almost all of my maternity shirts now require a cami for "extension" purposes... Just like 15 year olds sporting plumber crack in low-rise jeans, no one likes a sneak-peak of the full maternity panel.  We've also reached two very depressing lows: (a) One of the two t-shirts I find most comfortable for sleeping is E's Duke tee. Part of me died a little bit inside when I slipped it on.  (b) My current bra is too large to fit inside my beloved BraBaby.Sad Panda.

Fruit of the Week / Size of Baby: The Bump finally upgraded LJH to a honeydew, and Babycenter says pineapple!  Last week, she weighed in at 3lbs 13oz.  Even though she's small, percentage-wise, I am definitely starting to feel more cramped this past week.  I'm hoping this means she's gone through a little growth spurt! 

Movement: A late-ish term breech baby opens up a whole new world of sensations... Kicks to the bladder now stop me dead in my tracks with a "Holy Shit Did I Just Pee My Pants" Moment.  And her sweet little noggin tends to press against the right side of my belly, creating a loooovely phantom bruise feeling.

Cravings: Still with the grapefruit.  Sweets. Ice water. I had some cured meats on an antipasti platter Saturday night and now all I can think of is jamon iberico.


Annoyances: The RLP continues to be pretty miserable, and it's becoming more and more difficult to get up off cushy furniture.  But! My energy still makes an appearance every now and again, our new Tempurpedic is making nighttime much nicer... life is good.

Belly Button Watch: Innie. 

Highlights of the Week: Y'all. Our new king-sized bed + Tempurpedic is rocking my socks off.  Hip pain, begone!  Precious sleeping real estate, increased!  We should have done this months ago.  Bonus Points: Foam Smell.  Its like sleeping encased in a giant Nerf ball. The only thing better would be a bed smelling of fresh tennis balls.*

New Bed
The Boom approves.  And, yes, we need king-sized pillows.

We also attended our first natural birthing class this week.  I really enjoyed our instructor's approach, and E really enjoyed providing a running commentary based on his observations of our fellow "empowered birthers."  I can't blame the man... it is some damn good people watching.  Anyhoover, I think it's going to be a worthwhile class, even though 2 of the 3 possible delivery scenarios with our complications involve an intervention I did not want {well, do not want - present tense - but we're all aboard the What's Best for Quesita Train now, which tends to overshadow the Perfect Natural Birth Plan Train}.  Still planning on writing that {hopefully non-divisive} Low Intervention Birth Post... now with a Crap, I Likely Have a Medical Need for The Great Devil Pitocin addition.  Someday it'll happen. 

*Yes. I'm serious. Foam is my world. 

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe how far along you are! You look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the fear of Pitocin. I am now officially one full week overdue, even though my doctor thought I had a good chance of going into labor by 37 weeks (side note: there is a lot of inaccurate estimating in the world of OB/GYNs, but that's another story entirely). I do not want to be induced! Hope you are able to get what you want. Good job pushing through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bed looks fantastic. And even us old hippies know that with unintervened birth, you gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold em:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!

    The pineapple comparison always gave me the heebie jeebies. Birthing a pineapple? Sounds ouchie.

    And, we had the BEST people watching in all of our birthing classes. My very favorite was the guy who kept asking when he could start the perineal massage. BAD VISUAL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who wanted a natural child birth, but ended up with an emergency c-section due to fetal distress...I just want to say I know how you're feeling. It's frustrating! But, once you get that baby girl in your arms, it makes all that go away.

    And I'm super jealous of that king size bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Lea. I was very frank with my doctor about what I wanted (or, more accurately, didn't want) and ended up being induced AND having a c-section. It was not. at. all how I would ever have seen it going down. But, at the end of the day it seemed to be the best plan for me and Julia.

    And, yes, the people watching in our natural birthing class was primo! I still wonder how everyone else's births went...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you decided to still take the class. It will help you prepare for any of the birthing situations you may encounter. Yes, I believe that pitocin is the devil but in order to get that last 3 cm for my daughter to come out without a C-section it had to be done. I felt like crap afterwards but know that my baby girl was delivered and healthy, I have come to peace with it.

    Keep us posted on how the baby girl is doing. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have the Cloud Luxe Supreme and simply love it.
    Did you "knead" your bed to break it in? (My dad is a mattress salesman, I may be obsessed with Temperpedic).

    ReplyDelete
  9. We let our girls run over the mattress when we got it. They thought that was the-BEST-Thing-Ever!

    My birth plans went out the window when my girls would not get the heck out. By that time, I would have let them use a crane to just get them out...but, I was not the most zen pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! You look fab girl, I am just so so excited for you! And your bed - insanely jealous. My parents have the same mattress and I still sneak into their room for naps when I'm home because I love it so. Your bedding is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looking good, girlfran!!! king sized beds are the shiznit, no?

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!