Tuesday, January 17, 2012

34 weeks

34 weeks

Marination Time: 34 weeks today.  

Maternity Clothes: I have reached the point where I despise all of my maternity clothes. And I flat-out refuse to purchase anything else.  Thus, my closet and I are at an impasse.  This makes getting dressed in the morning SUPER FUN.  ETA: Apparently E is tired of the SUPER FUNNESS that is getting dressed with me in the morning and I've been ordered to purchase something pretty for myself.  Love that man.

Fruit of the Week / Size:  Either way you slice it, Quesita is the size of a big ol' melon!  {Honeydew on TB / Cantaloupe on BC}. AND... drumroll... our growth ultrasound today showed the not-so-wee-one weighing in at 5 pounds!  This is HUGE for us, as it means she jumped from 26% on the growth chart to 39%!  Ridiculously proud of our little piglet this week! 

Movement: We've felt hiccups three more times - I love them.  I could do without the bladder tap dancing, although, really, I just like knowing she's grooving in there.

Cravings: Grapefruit; ice cream; aged sharp white cheddar on toast.... Really, I'm just starving in general lately. So glad to know it's all been for a good cause after our growth scan!

Annoyances: The aforementioned Tired-Ass Maternity Clothes. Still with the RLP.  And my fingers, feet and ankles are definitely swollen at the end of the day... although not swollen enough to warrant peanut gallery commentary.

Belly Button Watch: Innie, what-what! 

Highlights of the Week: Such a good week, for the most part!  I had a blast celebrating the last single months of RJB which, relatedly, involved a little mother-daughter bonding moment before festivities began...

Making penis cookies with Jan. OH YES WE ARE

This weekend marked the last time I'll see one of my best friends and my parents until LJH makes her arrival... That was a big WOAH Moment for me, getting as close as we are.  

We also enjoyed some Golden Globes action on Sunday... always a fun time, even though I was feeling under the weather and refrained from my usual Twitter commentary {major sad panda}.  MLK Day brought welcome extra hours for recovery and some final nursery touches... The room is just about ready for reveal!

Medical Updates: In addition to the awesome growth scan this morning, LJH is looking good in all other areas as well... save for the fact that Sister is still breech.  It's Spinning Babies for us, starting tonight. The new growth development also has us cautiously optimistic that, while induction for medical necessity is still possible, it may no longer be probable.  Keep on sucking up that Blue Bell and citrus, little one! 

10 comments:

  1. your mom flipping the penis cookie = amazing. And you look fab. HATE when maternity clothes start to feel like they were made by the devil though. Yay for shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's about the same time I got sick of all of my maternity clothes! Just hang in there mama! Yeah for a good man that lets you go shop! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome all around! I remember getting SO annoyed at my maternity clothing, swearing I wouldn't buy more, and then how freaking awesome it felt to have a couple of new things that my husband insisted I get. I wore them only a couple of times but so worth it anyways. You are getting so close and I am getting so excited for you! If you're interested, I think there is a hypnobabies track about flipping babies over...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet mother daughter moment. Nothing says parental bonding like suggestive cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I'm so happy for you guys! That is exciting news!

    You look radiant, beautiful, and so so happy. I can't believe how close you are. Hang in there! xoxo

    PS - Jan and Peen cookies = LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to hear good news!!! I was so sick of clothes, period, by the time I got to 34 weeks, haha. and that pic of the cookies is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I was looking at the pod tubs. Is it wrong that I pictured it as multipurpose? Like I could wash our baby in there AND once I'm done with that cram a terrier in there and scrub them down as well? Would contain them much better than the bathtub....

    ReplyDelete
  8. beatiful! i cant wait to see quesita's face so i am sure you are ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a good friend was carrying a breech baby and did all the spinning exercises too. he finally flipped around 37 weeks. best of luck getting your little one to turn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our first baby was breech and I tried all sorts of "natural" (i.e., wacky old wives' tales from the internet) remedies to no avail. Spinning Babies looks very interesting and MUCH more reliable than, say, laying upside down on your ironing board while shining a flashlight on your stomach. We also tried the external cephalic version which HURT LIKE HELL and I do not advise trying it ever. Good luck to you! Your little one still has plenty of time to flip!

    ReplyDelete

happy little comments!